Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
byrdr1

Camper is in Storage

Well,
we just finished a 7 day/6 night stay with our camper at Yogi Bear @ Daddy Joe's campground in Tabor City, NC. we had of course the last few day of the hurricane Patrica that hit Mexico and then over the Gulf and through Texas and up the eastern coast line. BUT I was camping so as they say "A Bad Day Camping is Better than A Good Day at WORK". Lucky I got the camper set up without rain but it did start on Monday evening and did not quit until Wednesday mid-day. Once Thursday am arrived we could have not asked for better weather fires in the evenings, pretty sunrises and the full moon was great.
We are planing a return trip in the next few weeks. So with the storage fees at this campground only being $1 a day. We left it there while we drove home. Hard to beat those fees and I would have spent more than the fees on fuel to bring the camper home and then back down again.
I did the same last year but we left in the pouring rain a day early as the wife was ready to get home for the second grandchild who was due any moment. BUT she came 3 weeks later. We laugh now but I was not laughing that day. I forgot to do the water and HWH. I had to call back down to the campground get them to pull the anode rod and unplug the low point drains.
This time all this was done and I even pumped the pink stuff into the system.
Placed mice inhibitors all over the camper and storage areas. I even ordered 3 combo locks for the locking bins so that every-bodies 751 key would not fit them. Pulled the battery as I am going to replace it before heading back down.
So now its just a waiting game until I can see my camper again.
The hardest part is that my camper sits right outside of our house and carport under its own RV-port. Its hard to go outside in the mornings and not see it sitting there.
I will attach a few pictures of our trip later..
Randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
byrdr1

My grandson.
My grand daughter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES