Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
4LowNGo

trailer/dealer question

So I'm trying to buy my 2nd trailer first. With having a 6 and 1 yr old and a 08 Dodge ram 1500 I'm really digging the floor plan for the 14/15 passport 2400bh. Are there any other trailers with like floor plans I should also be looking at? I'm in the central Pa area if anyone can point me to a reputable dealer to check out.... I don't mind driving some. Thanks
4LowNGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to the Form From Western PA

Assuming you are going to keep your current TV, I would pick a category of trailer to match your TV, then and only then pick a floor plan within that category. There are posts in the tow section that address capabilities of the 1500 including calculation methods. As you will see in these posts getting the actual weight of your TV loaded ready for camping is the ideal place to start.
Good luck on your selection process
ENJOY
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
fla-gypsy

I think size wise you are on the right track. About 5k dry. Every RV maker has similar or comparable floorplans. Only you can decide which one is right for you.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
GaryWT

If you go to the keystone main page, look under light weight trailers and you can look at the floorplans of all the models and look at the weights. Concider the loaded weight and what the tongue weight will be verses your trucks payload. Add people, hitch and other stuff in the truck with your payload, as said formulas are in the towing section. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:49 AM   #5
{tpc}

If you can find one, look at the 2300bh floorplan as well. According to my dealer they stopped making them after 2014, because of the 2400bh. Its a little bit lighter and a tad shorter than the 2400, because of the lack of the outside cookout.

Of course i'm biased because we have the 2300, but also jealous of those with the 2400.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
4LowNGo

Yea I was looking at your floor plan until I saw the wider bunks in the 2400. Still trying to get some recommendations on dealers some what close to me
Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #7
SamI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LowNGo View Post
Yea I was looking at your floor plan until I saw the wider bunks in the 2400. Still trying to get some recommendations on dealers some what close to me
Welcome to the site. I'm from lancaster Pa and we just bought a Outback terrian and love it. We bought it from tom shaffer rv in hamburg pa. I would not recommend them to anyone, there sales rep was horrible and there service manger was just as bad. The only reason I bought it there is because they had exactly what we were looking for and they gave the right price. I heard a lot of good thing about Lerch rv in Milroy pa. We have some friends that bought campers there and had a great experience. Good luck
SamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #8
4LowNGo

Thanks for the heads up. I also heard some good things about Lerch. I think I'm going to see what they can do.