Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
RAINEY

My new Mountaineer 356TBF has arrived

It arrived on Monday and the dealer had it prepped by Tuesday. Paperwork has been completed and we have scheduled our walk through for next Thursday.

This is the only picture that I have so far
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Views:	205
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	5591  
RAINEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

There is a handy pre-delivery inspection checklist that you can find right here on the forum to take with you when you do your walk-through. Go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum and look for the sticky at the top of the thread page "Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist".

You can download it, print it off and take it with you. Several members have used this checklist and have found it very helpful.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
RAINEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
There is a handy pre-delivery inspection checklist that you can find right here on the forum to take with you when you do your walk-through. Go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum and look for the sticky at the top of the thread page "Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist".

You can download it, print it off and take it with you. Several members have used this checklist and have found it very helpful.
Thank you for this information
Old 04-23-2014, 05:03 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

Also take your time! Do not let the person doing the walk around rush you. Hope it all works out and enjoy the new trailer:d
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:30 AM   #5
Kristi

Congrats! Walk throughs are exciting, take notes on anything you aren't familiar with so you can reference it later.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #6
KYFamily

Very nice.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
Also take your time! Do not let the person doing the walk around rush you. Hope it all works out and enjoy the new trailer:d
X2 on this. Take your check list and take your time and do not feel like you are holding anyone up. This is your investment its much better identifying issues now and having them fixed before you take delivery.

CONGRATS, nice rig
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Pentagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINEY View Post
It arrived on Monday and the dealer had it prepped by Tuesday. Paperwork has been completed and we have scheduled our walk through for next Thursday.

This is the only picture that I have so far
You wont be sorry with the Montana Mountaineer, They are quality units , we bought a new one last year and are very happy with it, Enjoy.
Pentagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
Yosemitebob

Congtrats on your new unit, it's beautiful, now to get out and use it
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
tperonek

Waiting

Thats great. I ordered the 356TBF too. Im still waiting. They are saying it will be done May 1. They keep pushing it back. I wonder how long it will take them to get it to Utah? And to do the prep etc. Let me know how you like yours.
tperonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #11
RAINEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperonek View Post
Thats great. I ordered the 356TBF too. Im still waiting. They are saying it will be done May 1. They keep pushing it back. I wonder how long it will take them to get it to Utah? And to do the prep etc. Let me know how you like yours.
Walk through and orientation went well. Haven't used it yet but will start the season Memorial Day weekend. When you get it check the slide with the refrigerator in the kitchen. They may need to move your cabinet doors up to make room for the slide to be I without running/hitting the doors. Also, we specifically ordered the queen bed but they put in a King on the queen base. We are waiting on a replacement queen mattress. Over all we're happy and excited to try it our. A good friend of mine ordered his the same day I did. He's using his this weekend.

I am late replying. Did you get yours?
Old 06-01-2014, 04:17 AM   #12
RAINEY

Here's a few pics

I do really love this 5th wheel. So far it's been a good experience owning it. Only a couple little issues to shake down. The Gray/Black water valves for the rear 2 tanks were mis labeled. A place where they missed a couple nails and the trim buckled and a window opening mechanism popped out of the track. I'm luck to have a great dealer that fixed the issues right away. It seems like every trailer will have a couple things that needs to be handled. My last one was in perfect shape after the 2nd outing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2(2).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	6131   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1(1).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	6132   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	6133  
Old 06-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #13
HappyCamperMN

Glad to hear that everything is going well for you. Beautiful trailer!

https://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...psyh8hlsyo.jpg
HappyCamperMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
grayghost03

Please update, we are currently working a deal on one. Need as much information as possible. This will be our 3rd, 5ver. Really looking forward to info on this model.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #15
RAINEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperonek View Post
We absolutely love the space and quality of the unit. I do recommend springing for the slide awnings. My friend and I both ordered our 356TBF's at the same time. I ordered without the slide toppers and he ordered his with them. Well after the first trip I went and bought Dometic slide toppers/awnings and had my RV dealer install them.

Any questions please feel free to send me a PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #16
grayghost03

Slide awnings are never on my list, we live out west, and the wind made so much noise and flapping with out first 5ver, we decided to never have them again. And have been very happy without them since. Keep us updated on the unit. The DW is a big sewing and quilting gal, so the bunkhouse will be converted to a sewing room.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #17
RAINEY

Oh and we also got all of the Max Air fans that we could (4) total and the 2nd air conditioner in the master bedroom. We also we didn't order the fireplace. We have campfires outside and preferred to have more storage. I doubt we'll use all the storage but the fire place didn't make sense to us
Old 06-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #18
grayghost03

Thanks RAINEY, keep em coming, we love the the fireplace in our current Montana, we use it to knock the chill off in the mornings, using the campground's electricity instead of our propane. The one we are negotiating on has the 4 fantastic fans. Our current one only has the one and we use the heck out of it. Looking forward to have more options, with more fans. We have seen the 356 with and without the Level Up system, this one has it, does yours and how is it working out.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:34 AM   #19
RAINEY

I don't remember the Level Up as being an option and not really sure what it is. The 4 fantastic fans are very useful to regulated the inside temps and move the air when there higher humidity in the unit from the family sleeping over night or damp conditions. If it has been closed up for a while just by opening the doors and turning on all of the fans it comfortable within minutes. Before the last trip I had the JT Strongarm Stabilizers put on the front and real. They were a huge improvement. At camping work they were $330 installed.

Out rear black and gray tanks were mislabeled. All the dealer had to do was switch the decals around. If you wanted to only drain off some gray water you would be in for a surprise. It was only the rear tanks though. They were plumbed properly. Both my friends and my trailer were mislabeled.

As I think of more I will post it

Enjoy
Old 06-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
grayghost03

Thanks, Rainy, the Level Up system is a 6 point hydraulic leveling system that raises the coach and levels it. If you have JT StrongArms installed, you don't have Level Up. It is an option on the coach. I have seen many of the tanks mislabeled. You would think that they could get that right.