Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
cabinfever

Replacement gas can spout.

I was reading another post and saw a mention to the newer pita gas can pour spouts. I replaced all of mine with this.

http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

I bought mine at Tractor Supply. I actually bought a dozen more than I needed, in case the EPA decides these are illegal too!

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

thanks will check it out this weekend!!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
mikell

I'm going looking I've spilled enough fuel everywhere, those stupid things are dangerous.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfever View Post
I was reading another post and saw a mention to the newer pita gas can pour spouts. I replaced all of mine with this.

I bought mine at Tractor Supply. I actually bought a dozen more than I needed, in case the EPA decides these are illegal too!
About time someone made these, guess it kind of devalues my can and nozzle collection.
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
CUFFS054

Which leads me to rant; I tried of the "Govment" controlling how much water my washer can fill with and at what temp. What kind of light bulbs I MUST use. And oh, those gas caps! I can't back my lawn tractor up unless I turn a separate key (which I always forget till the damn mower dies). How much water my shower, toilet, sink can use, my "eco smart dishwasher uses less water but take 2+ hours to do a load..OK, I'm done now. OH OH the new "safety" short cords on appliances. OK, I'm really done now...
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfever View Post

These have been around for a longtime out here, I don't think I've ever bought a gas can that didn't come with one.
What's this non spill thing about?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
These have been around for a longtime out here, I don't think I've ever bought a gas can that didn't come with one.
What's this non spill thing about?
You don't appear to be familiar with CARB Compliant gas cans? They are a non-vented POS the government mandated in many states.
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
Steve S

I just Googled it and boy do those things look stupid! How are you suppose to pour the things?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #9
rnkburg

Most break the safety portion or just give up on the spout pouring direct into a funnel. You spill more that way but it doesn't take 9 hrs to pour out a gallon. Its all getting out of hand, the more they do to make it safer the more dangerous it gets.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
mikell

I've cut the spring thing out of the way and epoxy the parts together now if I could get a vent button
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #11
cabinfever

Blitz made a can that worked. It had a little "switch" you depressed then you pushed down to open the spout. It was very controllable and I never spilled a drop. Thanks to idiot lawsuits against Blitz by people pouring gas on fires, they closed their doors a couple years ago. The easy pour is great. Only issue I did have is with the rubber seal were it meets the can. Only 1 of 5 failed. I think I am just going to permanently seal the spout to the correct screw ring for my cans with some Permatex Moto-seal.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #12
SAABDOCTOR

THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!! If it is NOT broken Redisign it and make sure it does not work Then make it a law! case in point The state of Connecticut spent 70 million to upgrade the signals on a branch line of the railroad. For 100 years they have worked fine.The new system is in and now they are providing bus service because they can run the trains due to the crossing signals go down at random times when no train is coming. and they do go UP when the train comes. Money well spent eh?
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote