Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
angel3rc

Outback v. Cougar TT

Hello everyone! New here. Looking at an Outback 292BHS or Cougar 28RBS can anyone tell me the huge difference between an Outback and a Cougar?
angel3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
twstdpear

We bought a 2013 cougar Xlite 28RBS back in October and love it. The only issue is it seems to be a little tongue-heavy. It has a huge storage bin under the bunks in the back along with all of the other normal storage. Our two boys each have their own "room" and it works very well for us.

The Cougar has an arched ceiling which makes it something like 7' tall in the center, and that makes the inside seem a lot bigger. I'm not sure whether the Outback offers that as well.

I remember looking at a unit with the floorplan of the Outback. It was probably a Keystone, but I'm not sure whether it was an actual Outback or not. We didn't care for it. The room in the rear was way too small and a bit claustrophobic.

Both should use similar construction, and it's primarily the finish details (color scheme, fabric/leather, vinyl tile/laminate flooring, etc) that you'll likely find different between the two.

EDIT: Two notes on the floorplan image for the 28RBS on Keystone's site - It doesn't have a swivel TV as shown in the floorplan, but does have a marked location in the bedroom for mounting a second one. It also doesn't have a full cabinet the width of the slide, just a smallish one over the couch.
twstdpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
davidjsimons

28RBS owner here as well, and I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
joeyb

Outback 292BH

Lovin our 292bh have had several trips all is good. If you have any questions on the Outback I'll let ya know black or white. Good luck

2015 Sprinter 269FWRLS FW
2015 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Platinum

Past:
2009 F250 Lariat Crew 6.4 TD 4x4
2013 Keystone Outback 292BH TT
2008 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite 26BHS TT
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
2005 Coleman Bayside Pop-Up
1995 Coleman Mini-Pop
Tent, Window unit & two 5' pieces of flex duct mounted on a 5 gal bucket.
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
angel3rc

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. There is a SUPER deal on a 2013 Outback 292bh and I think that is what we plan to purchase supposed to pick up this weekend!! We have one little guy who is going to be 2 so this camper type will give us some room to grow and it will be awhile before we have to upgrade. I do like the added space of having a full double bunk that the cougar offers but I also really like the nifty bathroom space in the outback.

Really appreciate all of you taking the time to respond. I'll post a photo soon as we get it rolling.
angel3rc is offline   Reply With Quote