Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
d_fortier

Question passoport 250 BH

Hello,
We are looking at this model and are hoping to hear from a current owner as we are unable to see one locally and are thinking about drive over 400 miles to veiw it.

1. How do you like th model over all?

2. The couch in the "Bunk area" seems a little small and we are wondering what size it is (our kids are 10 and 13 and both rarther tall).
thanks for your time
d_fortier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
Flyguy

We have had our 2008 280BH for about 3 years now and our floor plan is almost the same as the 250BH, the bunks look to be the same and I think they’re about 6 feet long, my wife and I have slept on the lower bunk giving the queen bed to our guests on one camping trip because of their inability to get in and out of the bunks, the bunks were ok but really designed for kids and not adults. The slideout is a BAL cable operated system which I like and you can read about it on my homepage as well as all the other Passport features. The refrigerator works great and we pre-cool it the day before we leave and load it in the morning before we leave. Looking at your other thread on another Passport that you were looking at (I assume that you are not considering that one anymore) your TV should be ok but a WDH is a must IMO. I have made many mods and upgrades since we’ve owned it such as: 12v outlets at the wheel-wells to run a 12v air pump and a 12v impact wrench for changing tires on the road, changed out the thermostat to a digital one, changed out the outside compartment key locks to combination types, changed the 30amp pull out electrical cord to the removable Marinco type, added back-up lights, added a second battery for boondocking in the national parks, added a 4KW generator for the same reason, I am now in the process of upgrading the axles from the 2800# ones that the trailer came with to 3500# ones, upgraded the radio from a Jensen AWM910 to a Jensen AWM950 giving us remote control and DVD capability and also added a 19” LCD tv (we don’t take the tv when we're boondocking it in the national parks), changed out all the faucets in the bathroom to antique brass ones that most of the newer trailers come with nowadays. The water heater works great and I like the way you can turn it on and off and switch from gas to electric from inside the camper, the furnace and AC do an OK job and we have never had any trouble out of them (except for mud-daubers getting into the roof unit and building nests on the fan blade) I now keep a cover on the roof unit, I like the all aluminum welded cage structure including the roof rafters that all Passports come with. I don’t care for the composite board that all the panels are made of but the cabinet door frames and doors are solid oak and when any panels deteriorate, I just build replacements of oak plywood. Overall we are happy with our purchase and have had many happy camping trips with it. Hope this post helps you out. PS- to access my homepage just click on flyguy in the upper left of this post and follow the menu options to my homepage, download whatever you like, there's even videos explaining how the slide-out works by factory reps.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
d_fortier

Thank you

We are still considering the 2590 but we think the 250 may be a better fit. Plus it is a little lighter and shorter as well. The main thought being that if the kids stop going with us we could remove the upper bunk and just use it as a lounge area. The main question we have is the over all lenght of the couch bunk. If the upper bunk is around six feet like yours is i would guess the couch is at least 5'5" which should be ok.

thanks again for the info.
d_fortier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 AM   #4
broelmann

We just baught a 2011 Passport 250 BH and only took it camping once but it tows very nicely with my 2008 1/2 ton Silverado. I am currently waiting on a recall of the stove that shoulb be fixed soon.
broelmann is offline   Reply With Quote