Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #21
Ken / Claudia

We went to the fall rv show and kind of got the idea of what my wife wanted and I could afford. Than went to the dealer several days later, he told us the sale price would still be good. We spend 4-5 hours looking at some used trailers and even afew 5th wheels. Norrowed down to 2 new and one used trailer. Finally my wife picked out the listed trailer. On the day we picked it up, I seen a dent in the lower right side panel that was not there the week earlier. I did not say anything, it was a test. Within a minutes of sitting down inside of it the salesman talked about the dent and said they had the part on order and it would be fixed ASAP at their cost. He passed the test, I never let on that I seen the damage. I was not going to sign the papers if he did not bring it up. We have only used the trailer on several short trips but, we do like it so far and no problems.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #22
fla-gypsy

When I bought the current TT I was already an experienced RV'er and the PDI went very smoothly. I made them go through all the motions of turning everything on etc. I also purchased a new simple WD hitch and friction sway bar (I already had the Dual cam components picked out to add myself to save a bundle) because I sold the old one with the previous TT. I watched the tech assemble the parts of the WD hitch together quite competently (he seemed very knowledgeable) and slide it into the receiver and install the ball. After he was finished he was busy getting the TT ready to hook up to it and I looked at the ball and stamped into the top was 6,000 lb capacity. I called him over and asked him why he installed a 6k ball for a 10k GVWR TT and the red faced look of embarassment was priceless. he promptly fixed it.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #23
Pmedic4

Smile Our new Cougar experience

I had posted this before, but thought it was worth mentioning again. I thought I did a fairly complete inspection since this was our seventh out eighth RV(all Towable) and has generally good experience even for a couple of used TTs. The TT we just traded in was probably the worse, with some exterior molding's coming loose, and the dinette seat being poorly designed so the back rest broke on the first trip, so we definitely were looking closely at this area and of course the exterior finish.
Everything looked good at the walk through except for a few missing items which we were assured would be sent to us. Took the 5ver home and again looked it over. Getting ready for our first trip, stated going through the Dewinterizing process and adding bleach to the fresh waste tank and then filling it-water started pouring out of the bottom of the trailer, hidden from my view by the bottom liner. Called and scheduled a service visit, and was told the fresh water tank was cracked around the outlet - they did a temporary fix so we could use the RV, knowing we had to go back for replacing the tank at a later date. So out on this first trip, we find leaks every where in the gray and black water lines. Oh well, we knew we had to go back for the freshwater tank so we schedule our appointment and had it repaired.
Part of the free delivery inspection that I've seen others mention is having the dealer fill all the tanks and show they hold water and drain properly. That is probably good advice - but likely will make the service department groan.
With all said and done we're Pleased with our 5ver, but not without a few questioning moments. Ultimately I think the unit was filled with water but not winterized before it got freezing temperatures and frozen water lines and tanks.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote