Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
tmpaes

Laredo vs Cougar

Just joined the forum and soon to join the ranks of Keystone owners. The search is nearly over, The DW and I are down to 2 on our list of TT's. We've narrowed it down to the Laredo 240MK and Cougar 21RBSWE. We really like both these trailers and now it comes down to the final elimination.

I have a question for any Laredo owners out there, one negative mark for me is the battery location of the Laredo. My plan is to install 4 6v batteries and I'm not sure what to do with the battery location tucked behind the propane tanks and nose cone of the Laredo. We're going to do a lot of dry camping and what have you owners done to add more battery capacity? Where would you put additional batteries on the Laredo?

Laredo 240MK
tmpaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

to the forum and to the Keystone RV family. We are happy that you joined us and we look forward to hearing about your travels in your new Keystone.

The Laredo you're thinking of buying is a relatively new floorplan and a number of our members have chosen it. They report good things about the floorplan and with the exception of TV location/Radio wiring, which is a personal preference, almost everyone is happy with their selection.

Look around, find some topics that interest you and join in the discussions.

Oh, by the way, don't forget to download the pre-delivery inspection checklist (PDI) in the Keystone Questions section of the General Forums.

Enjoy your time with us.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
Family_5ers

We looked at many models both Cougar and Laredo - they have a very similar layout but in the end we just liked the Laredo better - it had the finishes and color scheme that was perfect for us. Just did our second long weekend with the new 5er and couldn't be happier. It's our dream rig.
Current 5er: 2013 Laredo 335TG
Past 5er: 2001 Innsbruk 27FRKD

Family_5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
roadrider10

Welcome to the forum. We have a 2013 Laredo 240MK purchased last Nov.
and spent 3.5 months traveling from New York to Florida in it. We are quite pleased with the layout, storage and quality of the unit. The trailer has been trouble free other than 2 minor issues. Probably do not even need to take it to the dealer.
I like the large 15" tires/wheels, all the awning windows and large bathroom. The huge shower is great but could drain better. Seems to tow nicely and especially like the fiberglass front cap. I do like the 32" TV and the swivel arm mounting. We looked at the Cougars also but preferred the Laredo layout and thought the quality was similar. The trailer has proven to be a good choice for the 2 of us.
We do not need any extra battery capacity but multiple battery mounting may be challenging.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Badboy

Cougar is at the high end of the Keystone family
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
tmpaes

We went with the Cougar. Although slight the layout of the Cougar gave us what we were looking for. Brought her home yesterday and now can't wait for our 1st trip

tmpaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #7
iamrwnut

Very nice. You did the right thing by picking the unit with the layout you like most. I hope you have many years of relatively troublefree enjoyment.

Rob, Sheryl and Bear (border collie/basset hound)
2008 Laredo 311RL TT
2004 Silverado 2500 6.0L 2wd
US Navy 1982-1995
Homebrewer
BBQ fanatic
iamrwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Jca3

laredo vs cougar

What sold us was the bedroom slide on the 5th wheel Laredo. We are on our 3rd year for our 2011. Love it. The 266RL is perfect for the two of us and still short enough to take to the mountains.