Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2020, 05:17 AM   #1
Papa of 7

Pressure Pro

I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question. I have an opportunity to receive a Pressure Pro tire monitoring system (FREE), all I have to do buy four sensors. What do you think about it?
Papa of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:47 AM   #2
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Any tpms is better than no tpms. If available, get flow thru sensors and make sure to have good all metal valve stems installed. Rubber valve stems are not compatible with external sensors and the unit instructions will tell you that. A tpms will give you much peace of mind on the road. Happy camping!
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:07 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Do some research. I think that brand you have to "trade in" the seniors when the battery goes dead as they aren't user replaceable. Jot sure. Typically buying 4 sensors is close to the cost of a whole new system.

Google and some time first before commiting.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:13 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

From what I can tell, the Pressure Pro FX system (if that's the one you can get "free") does not come with a monitor unit. It uses your "smart device" as the monitor, so it's "almost a complete system" rather than a "TPMS system"...

That limitation may be an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how you use your phone during towing and whether you need "TPMS full time monitoring" or want to "flip through apps to find the TPMS" when you get an alarm.... With most phones, you won't have the ability to "glance at the screen to get an update" without "fidigiting with the phone to get it off screen saver or other app"... With all the "Full time TPMS units" that I've seen, there is "constant display of real time information" available at a glance, on the screen at all times....

Adding that to the "trade in sensors when the battery dies" and it may become a "ponzy scheme" to keep you paying for years after getting the "freebie" while not having the convenience of "instant glance for updates"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

My thought is to avoid it and get something else. How/why are you getting the "system" for free and what's in it?

If from pressurepro I would have to decline. There is a reason they want to get you "in the net". If it doesn't have a monitor I would decline.

A quick scan on the web shows they are making offers to current owners for discounts for new sensors at $39 ea. and return the old sensor. I would assume systems that needed batteries newer than that would pay a substantially higher price to get a new battery. Good for them, bad for the customer. TST sent me new batteries for my system when one was low; in fact sent me 10 for 4 tires. Plus, they are common batteries you can buy anywhere and are a snap to replace.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #6
Papa of 7

Thanks to all that gave advice on the Pressure Pro, my son-in-law works for a company that gave the monitor to the employees after they changed brands. I will most likely go with the TST. Thanks again!
Papa of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote