Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2023, 09:42 AM   #1
RangerDan

Fuel tanks

we have 2021 Raptor 423 Toyhauler. We are not sure which fuel tank is for the generator and which fuel tank is for the toys. Could anyone help us determine what the front fuel tank is for and the rear fuel tank? They are not labeled nor anything in the Raptor 423 manual. Thank you.
RangerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 09:55 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDan View Post
we have 2021 Raptor 423 Toyhauler. We are not sure which fuel tank is for the generator and which fuel tank is for the toys. Could anyone help us determine what the front fuel tank is for and the rear fuel tank? They are not labeled nor anything in the Raptor 423 manual. Thank you.
i would think the tank furthest forward would be for the gen and the rearmost tank for the toys..can you see where the hose or pump hooks up underneath? it should go to the toy tank
Old 02-26-2023, 09:57 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

"AS A RULE" the front tank is the gen tank and the rear is for toys. I would fill both ( if you can afford it ) and then run the gen, checking the gauge.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 10:24 AM   #4
RangerDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
i would think the tank furthest forward would be for the gen and the rearmost tank for the toys..can you see where the hose or pump hooks up underneath? it should go to the toy tank
Thank you. We cannot see underneath. We have a sealed bottom
Old 02-26-2023, 10:25 AM   #5
RangerDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
"AS A RULE" the front tank is the gen tank and the rear is for toys. I would fill both ( if you can afford it ) and then run the gen, checking the gauge.
Thank you !
Old 02-27-2023, 08:17 AM   #6
Essvar

Quote:

The other option is to fill one tank and see which gauge moves
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:02 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
The other option is to fill one tank and see which gauge moves
Yup, that would work. Now that I think about it, one gauge will move but I don’t believe the gauges are labeled. You’ll still have to use some and see which gauge moves.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 02-27-2023, 03:20 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Another easy method:

Fill both 1/2 way. Start pump and start transferring fuel. The toy tank gauge will go down and the Gen tank gauge will go up. If it doesn’t change then thats the toy tank

Old 03-01-2023, 08:55 AM   #9
Essvar

Quote:
Yup, that would work. Now that I think about it, one gauge will move but I don’t believe the gauges are labeled. You’ll still have to use some and see which gauge moves.

I'm not sure about the Raptors, but on the Fuzions there are two gauges. The generator gauge can only be viewed via inCommand and the Aux fuel tank has a physical gauge outside at the fuel station.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:59 AM   #10
Rob 1204

Fuel Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
I'm not sure about the Raptors, but on the Fuzions there are two gauges. The generator gauge can only be viewed via inCommand and the Aux fuel tank has a physical gauge outside at the fuel station.
Our Raptor the front fuel tank is for the generator and the rear is for the toys and the generator fuel gauge is only visible through inCommand the actual fuel gauge by the pump is for the rear tsnk
Rob 1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:49 PM   #11
huhhhhh

"AS A RULE" there are no rules in Keystone. My back tank is on the generator and the front one is for Toys. Makes no sense to me, seems backwards to me, but everything about my fusion seems to be backwards and makes no sense.
See also: Wizard, Magician.

2012 Fuzion 405
huhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, tank