Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
six_nine_tall

Front Jack Switch??

Thanks for the welcome(s)! Checked the posts and lost sleep about thinking where the jack issue could be as all fuses were good. Appears to be a short in the Extend/Retract switch - the switch doesn't operate when pushed up (extend) but works fine when pushed down - inverting the black and red wires from the motor to the switch allowed the jacks to extend.

Next hurdle, where does one find an extend/retract switch for a Keystone Laredo?

Moderator's Note: This post originally appeared in "New Member Check-In". Moved to this "Technical" category.

Previous "Cottages":
2008 Jayco 1206
Assorted Coleman Tents
six_nine_tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Handysam

If your model is under warranty, or even if it's not, I would contact your dealer for the switch. So your jacks never worked from new? I would think at some point the jacks had to go up to get it from the dealer. So the wires being backwards seems odd to me. Are you 6'9" tall as your member name states? Happy Camping, Sam
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
THedges

I would definitely check with the dealer. I had my rear electric leveler quit working and it ended up being a motor. A new one was over $400, even though it was 30 days out of warranty, the manufacture sent me a new one.

Good luck.
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
six_nine_tall

HandySam, yes, actually that tall - hence our selection of the loft unit. I don't knock my head around on lights and vent openings...but it does make using the rear commode (under the loft) a bit more interesting. The extra headroom in the main living space was worth the trade off. And our kids, even though they're teenagers, still thought the loft space was "cool"...so, win - win for our family!

Contacted the dealer - switch is apparently on its way!

Previous "Cottages":
2008 Jayco 1206
Assorted Coleman Tents
six_nine_tall is offline   Reply With Quote