Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2023, 12:16 PM   #1
Nitrobeam

What Flooring System is in 2019 Bullets 308BHS

I am looking at buying a 2019 Bullet 308BHS.

The salesman told me it has 5/8" plywood floor on aluminum frame, not styrofoam. Is this true? I cannot find anything regarding the construction of the floor system.

Thanks,
Nitrobeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 01:40 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum... I hope your time here is productive and that you get all the information and help that you need to better enjoy your RVing experiences....

As for your question, you did not state whether the trailer you're interested in is a "Western Edition" (308BHSWE) or an "Eastern Edition" (308BHS), but it doesn't really matter since both models have a 2" aluminum framed floor, which is "Keystone talk" for a aluminum framed, styrofoam filled, plywood/OSB/LUAN sheathed (top and bottom) "laminated floor"...

You can download the Eastern Edition brochure here: https://keystone-rv-dealer-app.cdn.p...chure-2019.pdf

The floor construction is located on page 15 in the "construction standards" section.

You can also download the Western Edition brochure at: https://keystone-rv-dealer-app.cdn.p...chure-2019.pdf

The floor construction info is in a similar chart on the same page number...

This is another one of those instances where you might want to verify EVERYTHING the salesman tells you to make sure all information you're getting is accurate !!!!!

Now, as a note, there is not a "construction cutaway diagram" in the 2019 Keystone brochures, but there is one that you can use to help better visualize the way the trailer is constructed in the 2018 Bullet/Premier brochure. You can download that brochure at: https://keystone-rv-dealer-app.cdn.p...chure-2018.pdf

The "cutaway diagram" is on page 14 and a similar features chart is on page 15, with the 2" laminated aluminum floor listed as a standard feature...

To my knowledge, Keystone has not used a "true plywood floor" in any trailer line for at least the past 7 or 8 years and probably much further back than that. What they do use on "heavier trailers" is a "Dyna-Span" floor that is 5/8" thick, however it's an "Oriented strand engineered floor" not a "literal plywood floor".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:21 PM   #3
Nitrobeam

It is Eastern I assume, I am in NY.

So is there no chance it has the 5/8" "dynaspan"?

It is certain that it is 1/4" luan sandwich?

Thank you for your previous reply, it was great info.
Old 03-22-2023, 03:38 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd almost bet my entire next paycheck (I'm retired so no paychecks coming in) that it's a 1/4" luan top surface, 2" of block foam and a 1/8" luan bottom layer....

The easiest way that I know of to be certain is to check the floor where either the bathroom vanity drain or the galley sink drain go through the floor. There is a 3" hole in the floor with a 1.5" pipe and a white plastic collar to cover the rest of the hole. You can pull that collar (it's just stapled to the floor) and see how the floor is constructed.

I would be really surprised if from the diagram of the 2018 Bullet showing a laminated floor (and the chart indicating the same) that Keystone would completely change the construction for the following year. They have done some changes that huge between model years, but typically do not make that kind of change and leave the brochure info the same.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 03:51 PM   #5
NH_Bulldog

Quite simply, if you can physically get access to the trailer, have them remove a floor register for you and you can easily see the floor construction. The Bullet and Passport lines are infamous for their luan/foam/luan laminated floor system. The only difference between then and now is that they use a composite fiberglass laminate as opposed to luan.

The only models that use a plywood (OSB) floor is on toy hauler and higher end 5th wheel models where weight isn’t an issue.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:10 PM   #6
Nitrobeam

Great info, thank you!

Tags
bullet, floor