Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2023, 07:11 PM   #1
haulinit

Question 2021 Fuzion 428 Black tank 2 valve

Hi everyone! I can't seem to find a valve for my second (rear) black tank in my 428. Does it not have one because the only thing it's used for is the rear half bath?

I had a 2018 Fuzion 371 that was the same. There was no separate valve and the rear bathroom and washer drained into it.

If there is no valve, is it really open all the time? I sent this question to Keystone and they told me to contact a dealership.

I'm not dumb....I have looked high and low for the handle. The second gray tank handle is located in the frame in front of the front wheel.
2021 Fuzion 428 Toy Hauler
haulinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 08:23 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

According to the spec sheet, you have 94 gallons of fresh water, 88 gallons of black storage and 88 gallons of gray storage. With the floorplan you have, I'd guess the galley sink and 2nd bath sink both share one 44 gallon gray tank and the front shower and sink share the other 44 gallon gray tank. Each toilet will have a 44 gallon black tank, since the toilet must "dump directly down into the black tank" as there is no "adequate flow of water to push the flush contents horizontally to a different tank"...

If you look at the side of your trailer, you'll probably find a pair of decals just above the J-wrap molding depicting the location of the two rear valves. There will be one for the black tank and another valve handle for the gray tank in the rear (behind the wheels/axles.

Here's what the decals look like. They are only about 1.5" long and 3/4" tall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank decals.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	42905  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 07:50 AM   #3
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinit View Post
Hi everyone! I can't seem to find a valve for my second (rear) black tank in my 428. Does it not have one because the only thing it's used for is the rear half bath?

I had a 2018 Fuzion 371 that was the same. There was no separate valve and the rear bathroom and washer drained into it.

If there is no valve, is it really open all the time? I sent this question to Keystone and they told me to contact a dealership.

I'm not dumb....I have looked high and low for the handle. The second gray tank handle is located in the frame in front of the front wheel.

Look behind your rear wheels, it should be there, hiding behind your skirting.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 04:29 PM   #4
haulinit

Thanks everyone! I went back and looked again. The valve handle is behind d the rear wheel but higher up in the frame. I can see now why I missed it.
2021 Fuzion 428 Toy Hauler
haulinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, fuzion, tank