Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2021, 09:13 AM   #17
bjsfla1

New tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lockwood View Post
I'm looking at getting a newer, maybe new HD tow vehicle.

I have a '12 RAM at the moment and know that I'm pushing the limits of it with my total CGVWR being over 27k# loaded.

The Ford F-350 has just their standard H/D rear springs, but the RAM has the auto air ride lever system.

I thought once I read here that some of the Ford guys with 350's have had some box height issues where the RAM box height is a few inches lower. I have 5k Air Lift setup on my '12 RAM and with 45 psi I can raise it back to fully level hooked up.

How much drop with the Ford F-350 exhibit and my 43' Raptor loaded and hooked up?

I like some features of both better than the other, but I will be limited to stock available. I'm also looking at used in the '19/newer for both.

I've always been a GM guy from a kid, 71 now, and I just don't think that GM has the options, even in a Denali DRW GMC 3500 to keep up with the Ford or RAM.

Opinions anyone????? I know that I'm opening the flood gates with that remark. I also have read of late all the guys really NOT liking all the new electronics available today on the newer trucks.

We have a '16 GMC Terrain Denali for our daily driver and will be using the truck for long towing of the RV and probably "some" local driving from time to time.

Any thoughts on mileage between my '12 RAM and the newer RAM or Ford? My guess is that it will be maybe as much as 3 to 4 mpg more on the newer TV's.

Thanks in advance! I'll get out the popcorn and see what shows up...

Dan
If you’re looking at a new tv and are pulling a 43’ 5r you might want to consider a f450. I was pulling a similar 5r with a f350 drw and went to a f450, what a difference! I cruise now at 70 mph completely relaxed. Same fuel economy with the stoutness of a real HD tv.
bjsfla1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford