Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #14
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
I'm definitely going to find a means of knowing when it's completed the regen cycle. that new filter along with a tube to one of the turbos that blew off due to the increased pressure from the clog cost me $4500. If this truck wasn't already paid for I would have traded it in on the spot, or maybe gone across the highway to dark side (Chevy dealer).
That tube was probably the intercooler cold pipe that is plastic. It mates to the metal intake which causes the heating/cooling cycles to weaken it and it bursts from increased turbo pressure as when towing. I replaced mine with an aftermarket one from Rudy's Diesel that I found on Amazon. H&S and Mishimoto also make them for more. The cold pipe has been know to burst in as little as 25,000 miles or go for over 100K. Turbo pressure increases with power demand so tow vehicles are more susceptible to early failure. The dealer will probably charge about $500 or more for replacement, so I suspect you had more than just a blown cold pipe.