Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2023, 09:48 PM   #1
martybmw

Replacing Refrigerator

I have a 2021 3700FL and want to replace my Norco 2 way 18 cubic foot refrigerator. Due to the dimensions it seems as the only way to remove would be by removing the widow on the dinette side slide. Has anyone replaced a refrigerator form this unit. I am totally off grid and replacing the current refrigerator with a 12 volt likes like my best option?
thanks
martybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 03:17 AM   #2
TXiceman

If you are totally off grid, what will be your power source for the fridge? Do you have solar and how much solar? What is your battery capacity?

As for getting the old fridge out, you may need to remove the doors from the fridge to fit through the door.

If you are wanting to get away from the propane/electric standard fridge, look at the Amish cooling unit by JC Refrigeration. They make some replacement cooling units that are 12 VDC powered compressor units.
https://jc-refrigeration.com/

If you are off grid, the propane/electric fridge is your best choice for low power usage.

Ken
Old 10-11-2023, 03:48 AM   #3
dutchmensport

As suggested above, almost always when refrigerators are brought inside a house and especially inside an RV, the doors come off. Remeasure without the doors. Those 2 or 2 1/2 inches can make all the difference in the world.

Replacing with a different one, you'll have to have the doors off also. They are all very easy to remove and reinstall.

Good luck.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:58 PM   #4
bill6531

2013 Laredo

To remove Fridge, I removed the doors and the anchoring screws. I removed the screws from the window outside. Then I used a metal lever to push the fridge out inside. Then I pulled it out and let it fall down onto a thing with wheels. Then I pushed it out the door and let it fall as it may. I then pushed in the new electric steel wool pool fridge and stuck it in the hole. I had to trim the top. and bolt down the fridge from the window and plug in the electric plug. If I boondock, I'll use a generator and it will consume a lot of gas. Then later on, I'll move to sun panels. But, mostly I'll stay in a park where there is plenty of electricity.
bill6531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 06:54 PM   #5
martybmw

Not sure I understand did you get the refrigerator out the door or did you put it out one of the slide windows?
thanks
martybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 03:40 PM   #6
mrgrayaz

When we had our Norcold replaced in the hydraulic kitchen slide- they simply took the doors off, and simply brought it through the Front door. Alpine FL3660, same front setup as a 3701.
mrgrayaz is offline   Reply With Quote