Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2023, 02:25 PM   #1
Prices

Smile Gateway replacement

We have a 2021 Cougar 30RLS 5th wheel. We down loaded the update to the In Command system recommended by In Command. Our furnace comes on for about 3 mins. & shuts off. We've had the furnace checked by a heating tech & my hubby worked for 36 yrs. with our local gas & water company. In Command said it sounds like the gateway needs replaced since it translates from the command center to the furnace. Keystone customer service said the same thing. Anyone ever had this issue?
Prices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 02:46 PM   #2
RJS3791RD

We have a 2022 3791RD with the Legacy package that includes In Command. When we first purchased, we had a similar situation. Furnace would run for a few minutes and then it would shut down. I replaced the “resettable” fuse in the main panel. We have not had any problems since then. I have since learned that it is not that uncommon.
RJS3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 05:00 PM   #3
LHaven

I have a 2019 unit that was shipped with a bad gateway that wouldn't turn on the heat if ambient was below 50°, or the A/C if ambient was above 100°. Solution was to replace the gateway with a different model. It's not the same syndrome, but just goes to show that yes, gateways can be buggy.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:50 AM   #4
ChuckS

You may have an EOL resistor that is out of tolerance on the gateway or a bad gateway....

Read this....

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...26766-0001.pdf

The furnace and roof AC units are both controlled via CANBUS communication... Simple RV-C protocol..

The two blue "Signal" wires that tell the furnace to run or shut off are connected from the furnace control board to the roof Zone 1 AC unit control board.

Set temp and actual inside temps in the interior of the RV are sent from the remote temp sensors for each zone an the thermostat OR In Command Display and BCM

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:38 PM   #5
Voylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS3791RD View Post
We have a 2022 3791RD with the Legacy package that includes In Command. When we first purchased, we had a similar situation. Furnace would run for a few minutes and then it would shut down. I replaced the “resettable” fuse in the main panel. We have not had any problems since then. I have since learned that it is not that uncommon.
I have a 2022 3231ck and I had trouble with my gateway last year wit AC. They fixed it and now it is doing it again. What fuse are you talking about please?
Lynne Beers
2023 3500HD
2022 3231ck
Voylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 09:48 PM   #6
Voylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS3791RD View Post
Hi, what is the resettable fuse you are talking about?
Voylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:50 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voylyn View Post
Hi, what is the resettable fuse you are talking about?
In some trailer models, Keystone installed a "resettable 12 volt fuse" in the 12 volt distribution panel inside the trailer power center. In other trailer models, Keystone installed an "instant blow 12 volt fuse" and in other trailer models, they installed a "delayed blow 12 volt fuse". The resettable fuses in some applications will blow prematurely, shutting down the furnace. By the time you get to the fuse to check it, it's already reset and working normally, so it is difficult to identify that it is what's causing your "furnace shutdown".

Check your 12 volt distribution panel for a "12 volt resettable fuse". If there is one installed in the furnace fuse position, replace it with a "plastic 12 volt fuse" of the proper amperage and try the furnace again...

Here's what you are looking for and a normal 12 volt fuse to compare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15 AMP MINI FUSE BREAKER.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	45467   Click image for larger version

Name:	15 amp fuse.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	45468  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS