Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2020, 01:11 AM   #1
Jaddin1953

Appliances

4YDT32F26L7247234 is vin for a 2020 Hideout, but unlike Winnebago, Keystone says they can't give a list of factory installed appliances! Even Owners Manual isn't specific, it has a list covering ALL Models!
Jaddin1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:27 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Are you wanting to know what appliances are in this specific unit, or specific appliance brands?

Keystone may be able to supply the “build sheet” based on the VIN, can I ask why?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:41 AM   #3
Roscommon48

Manufactures of RVs have various suppliers so as time goes on you may find different products in the same model. And no owners manual will be that specific but when you get the trailer the warranty and manuals will be there.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:17 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

You should have a pile of the manuals that are for the appliances in your camper. This would be in a packet or large envelope.

There is no one manual that does or can cover everything.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:21 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a "build sheet" that accompanies the trailer down the assembly line.

A copy is kept at Keystone, a copy at the dealership, a copy is provided to the customer upon sale of the unit. In the past (5 or 10 years ago) a copy was glued to the inside surface of the "largest closet in the trailer". That practice, I believe, has been discontinued.

When you consider that the federal government requires that tires be tracked, the tire registration must be documented by Keystone. And, when you consider the warranty, how could Keystone manage the warranty if they didn't know what components were installed "during original build" ??? They require the serial number, model number of every item that's submitted for warranty reimbursement. Trust me when I say that if the trailer was built with a Suburban water heater and a "warranty claim" is submitted for a problem with an Atwood water heater, Keystone will know that's not the original water heater.

Here is a copy of the build sheet on one of my older trailers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPRINGDALE BUILD SHEET.pdf (112.6 KB, 194 views)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
Jaddin1953

Keystone replied they could not produce a build sheet (surprisingly)..I have the email. The reason I want a build sheet is to replace those factory-installed appliances that appear to not be working properly.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:31 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Which ones aren’t working? Your coach may be under warranty and replacement may be free.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:37 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone likely would not send "just anyone" a copy of a list of serial numbers for a specific VIN trailer. They "rely on the dealership that sold the trailer" to do those types of administrative actions. Contact the dealership where you bought the trailer to obtain the build sheet...

It "sounds extremely odd" that a new owner, in possession of the trailer (by VIN) would ask for the serial numbers of the appliances that are in the trailer. That owner can readily get that information by looking at the data plate for every one of the appliances....

Additionally, if I were Keystone, I'd have "red flags flying" from any request to "replace all the appliances in a new trailer" that would definitely be handled by the dealership or a authorized service facility under warranty. It would not be handled by a phone call requesting information about serial numbers to the customer service desk at the factory.....

That would be like someone calling Ford in Dearborn asking for the key code on a F150, VIN # ------- Ford would NEVER provide that information to someone calling customer service.....

Contact your dealership or do your own inventory and produce your own build sheet. But, if it's warranty replacement of components, with the comment, "all the appliances that aren't working" there's much more to the story than just a "build sheet availability"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #9
Jaddin1953

Thanks for your insight. I will manually record the serial numbers, without knowing if dealer changed them. I will check for recalls on those not working properly. I will attempt to replace inefficient power users to extend boon-docking time. I just wanted a master list to work from..after seeing Facebook group posts of mistakes others found.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #10
travelin texans

In your owners packet there should've been manuals with warranty cards for every appliance in your RV that should've been filled out & sent in by you, if they weren't there contact your dealer, if they were you should have all the information you require.
It's highly doubtful that anyone, other than possibly you, has swapped in inferior appliances replacing the originals, regardless of what you may have read on Facebook. As mentioned about several things, believe what you see, not what you read!
If you're having issues with appliances, post a question here or contact the appliance manufacturer, most of them have a couple years of warranty & are generally easier to deal with than your dealer.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #11
Jaddin1953

For example: Does the refrigerator have to be level?
Old 07-20-2020, 12:02 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Just reading the thread I have to ask, what is your specific concern(s)? I've never encountered the appliances being pulled out of a new RV and some other, cheaper brand installed. Why? Sell them on the black market or something? Don't know what you read on "facebook" but you will be better served by talking to folks that actually deal with them vs hearsay.

As far as registering your appliances, you need to. My dealer does that for me so you might check into that as well. Keeping a master list is fine if you want to, all the details for mine are in the trailer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #13
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Do I smell fish?
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

SOMETHING doesn't pass the sniff test here. If you are honestly getting this info off of some Facebook group AND believe it, then you have issues that reach beyond the new appliances in a new travel trailer. JMHO
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #15
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
SOMETHING doesn't pass the sniff test here. If you are honestly getting this info off of some Facebook group AND believe it, then you have issues that reach beyond the new appliances in a new travel trailer. JMHO

Hey, I met my wife through Facebook 50 years ago. If it is on Facebook, it is the REAL DEAL!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:46 PM   #16
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Hey, I met my wife through Facebook 50 years ago. If it is on Facebook, it is the REAL DEAL!
Time for some fish oil or something for cognitive skills, Facebook, 50 years ago?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:52 PM   #17
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaddin1953 View Post
For example: Does the refrigerator have to be level?
If the unit is parked, then the fridge will still operate at best efficiency when it’s within 3 degrees of level. Traveling down the road it doesn’t matter. 3 degrees doesn’t seem like much but if you can stand comfortably then the fridge is ok.

With all the years of RV experience and the knowledge base here, I wouldn’t count on Facebook for “real” answers to your questions.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #18
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Time for some fish oil or something for cognitive skills, Facebook, 50 years ago?

Errrr. Maybe it was a dating app or the fact that I was young, handsome, athletic and my wife had better eyesight than she does now. Come to think about it, I don't have a Facebook account.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:21 PM   #19
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Errrr. Maybe it was a dating app or the fact that I was young, handsome, athletic and my wife had better eyesight than she does now. Come to think about it, I don't have a Facebook account.
I have these same memories, my DW says I'm delusional but I say, what was I saying? Oh forget it! (I already have.)
Old 07-26-2020, 09:58 AM   #20
pdaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaddin1953 View Post
Keystone replied they could not produce a build sheet (surprisingly)..I have the email. The reason I want a build sheet is to replace those factory-installed appliances that appear to not be working properly.
My last Keystone product, a Cougar, prior to my purchase of another brand, had the build sheet with the rest of the documents. My current fifth wheel, a Grand Design Solitude, also had the sheet with the make, model and serial number of all appliances.
Having dealt with Keystone customer service I discovered you need to keep calling until the right person responds.
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote