Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
MaggieK

Dish working thru trailer speakers

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to get the Dish programming sound to come through the speaker system in their trailer? I have a 2020 Bullet with a Furrion DV3100. I tried everything I could think of. Contacted Keystone and they were no help, they directed me to the dealer. The dealer was not able to answer either. I contacted Furrion but they haven’t replied- asked if I just need a different receiver.
I can’t believe I am the only person to ask this question!! I don’t mind upgrading receivers but I want to know before I buy that it will fix the issue.
Thanks!
MaggieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Depends on a few things. Your dish receiver is hooked to the TV via HDMI right? you have to figure out how to get the TV sound to the radio. IF your TV has AUDIO OUTS then you just need to get to the back of the radio and see if it has Audio INS. If your TV has a headphone jack you can run a cable from it to the AUX in on the front of the radio if your radio has it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
Customer1

My Dish goes to a Wally
Wally goes to the tv
tv audio goes to the Furrion

I had to pull the Furrion out and attach RCA cables that were with the owner's manual.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:27 PM   #4
MaggieK

Angry Thanks for the tips

I tried both of these and it still didn’t work. Maybe the receiver is just not capable. Why set a trailer up with all the satellite connections but put a system in that does not support the satellite feed. Seems like a marketing no brainer!
Old 07-21-2020, 01:23 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Is your dish receiver hooked into the TV with an HDMI cable?

Does your TV have audio OUT connections?

Your radio should have audio IN connections on the back, and you should have gotten a set of RCA cables in the owners pack.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Post #3 by Customer1 is very typical. I've seen this several times on here.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:27 AM   #7
travelin texans

Get a good sound bar plugged into the tv that'll work on all inputs & forget about the crappy OEM speakers, you'll be very surprised how well it works.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:46 AM   #8
Roscommon48

I kept it simple on my 5th wheel, I hired someone who knew what they were doing. the $100 was worth it.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #9
MaggieK

Furrion frustration

I really enjoy the challenge of figuring stuff out, and I am pretty tech savvy. I agree a sound bar would fix the issue inside the trailer - the OEM speakers are not too impressive. Honestly, what I really wanted was just to be able to use my Dish to play Sirius music on the outside speakers. For all the time I have spent tinkering with this, I could just play my music off my iPad to a Bose portable outside and be done with it! I just didn’t want to admit defeat! Lol!
Still waiting to hear back from Furrion tech support. Both solutions offered in this forum should have worked but did not. I believe it is a product issue - either I need a different receiver, a different tv or both.
Anyway, thanks for the advice! I am glad I found y’all!
Maggie
Old 07-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieK View Post
I really enjoy the challenge of figuring stuff out, and I am pretty tech savvy. I agree a sound bar would fix the issue inside the trailer - the OEM speakers are not too impressive. Honestly, what I really wanted was just to be able to use my Dish to play Sirius music on the outside speakers. For all the time I have spent tinkering with this, I could just play my music off my iPad to a Bose portable outside and be done with it! I just didn’t want to admit defeat! Lol!
Still waiting to hear back from Furrion tech support. Both solutions offered in this forum should have worked but did not. I believe it is a product issue - either I need a different receiver, a different tv or both.
Anyway, thanks for the advice! I am glad I found y’all!
Maggie
If your trailer has the KEYTV system, that system does not support SIRIUS frequencies and is not designed to provide "passthrough" from the KEYTV unit to the audio/video components in the trailer.... In other words, "it won't work with SIRIUS. KEYTV can't recognize the SIRIUS frequency and can't perform any "switching" to relay the signal through the KEYTV box.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:24 PM   #11
MaggieK

Sirius is through my Dish

My Sirius feed comes through as channels on my Dish satellite account, not as a Sirius radio feed. Regardless, none of the Dish channels work with the Furrion sound system. I am not overly impressed with Furrion - they still have not responded to my questions. Customer service is not what it used to be!
Old 07-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #12
NH_Bulldog

For Sirius/XM we just stream from the app on our phone to the audio system via Bluetooth.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, speakers