Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Dad of 8

175BHS fresh water remaining when monitor shows E

Hello from New 2019 175 BHS Passport owner in Iowa. Just completed our first trip using fresh water tank only. Water monitor showed "E" on last evening before returning home so we were in conservation mode. I figured there was water remaining but didn't know how much. Once home I drained fresh water tank line ( not low point ) valve and measured 9.5 gallons remained in tank. Fresh water holds about 35 gallons. Fyi, We also shut off the water heater to avoid any low water issues there. Water heater holds 6 gallons.

Should I just Assume there will be somewhere between Empty and 1/3 remIning once the monitor reads empty? Are there any work arounds to get a more accurate measure? It would be nice if there was a true empty sensor not just a 1/3.

I suppose now that I know the situation I'll just have to estimate usage for flushing and gray water once we hit "E" on the monitor. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Dad of 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

The tank level indicators on all the tanks are the cheapest made. They are inaccurate and undependable.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

As you found, when reading empty it still had just under 1/3 tank full. There are 4 sensors mounted to the sides of all your tanks. The bottom one is ground and the other 3 are positioned on the sides at the appropriate “level. As you add liquid, the “resistance” changes and that’s what makes the lights illuminate. Try putting 9 gallons back in it and then rock the trailer. It might cause the 1/3 light to blink as the water makes continuity with the ground and 1/3 sensor.

That said, there are more accurate systems that can read in 10ths but that’s more $$$.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The tank level indicators on all the tanks are the cheapest made. They are inaccurate and undependable.
I only agree that they are the cheapest.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water