Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2020, 09:22 AM   #21
rodgebone

Why use ice that may or may not work when you can do a thorough flush with every dump? and if flushing doesnt clean the tank effectively a wand down the toilet always works even better. My sensors always work perfectly after the wand treatment & the bottom of the tank is much cleaner as viewed from the toilet in my experience. bottom line, ice is only going to be a bandaid clean. flushing and wands will do a much more thorough job
Old 07-18-2020, 04:56 PM   #22
Getn off

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I think the benefits are anecdotal at best. I don't seem any harm in it and doesn't cost much to try it. My thinking is this, I've never emptied an ice chest yet that's looked cleaner after being used. I've never considered ice as an abrasive either.
I’m sorry, but when I read ur response, I laughed out loud and thought, “but I’ve never crapped in my cooler either.”
Troy
2018 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw…Gone.
2021 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw Platinum…Gone
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 05:12 PM   #23
travelin texans

In Arizona even if you had your foot on the brake to take off immediately as soon as the DW hurriedly dumped a couple bags down the toilet I doubt you'd make the turn out of the driveway before the ice is melted. So IMO add a couple gallons of water (probably more than 2 melted bags of ice) & a good healthy squirt of Dawn will do just as good after a good black tank flushing.
Most likely the ice nor the Dawn will help the sensors for more a tank full or 2. So if the sensors are the reason, save the ice & the Dawn, it's a waste of both.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #24
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Maybe a little physics is needed here. Unless the tank is empty of liquid when the ice is added it will not do anything. Ice floats!
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:07 AM   #25
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
And, just like that, two new "cocktails are born"... Poop (straight up) on the rocks, and for the "pinkie raisers", Effluent sunrise.... carefully poured to maintain the distinct layers of color in your glass.....
Stirred or shaken?!?

Add your own olives, but don't chew. The toothpicks are a whole other level of skill.

Sorry (not sorry) I couldn't resist.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:22 AM   #26
chunker

Fill up the waste tanks with hard water. Hard water has little sharp edges which are scientifically proven to clean the tank inside surfaces. One or two "hard water" treatments and I guarantee the sensors will read 100% accurate and since the tanks won't have all the crud on the sides you will gain 2.3% improved MPG.

EDIT ADDING; IF you try the ice method also and the ice survives the trip your mixed drinks will taste like crap.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank