Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2018, 06:29 AM   #1
Bugsmema

Smile 2018 Sprinter 333FKS ?

Hello all. Hubby and I are getting ready to pull the trigger on this Sprinter 333 FKS, and I was wondering if anyone in this forum has one, do you like it? Pros, cons? We live in Oregon and will drive back to Michigan to pick it up, lot cheaper than shipping it to Oregon, plus a vacay to see family in Midwest.
Thanks for any info!!
This is our second Keystone, just sold our 2011 Outback 298RE.
Bugsmema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:31 AM   #2
LCC

Sprinter 333 FLK

We just took delivery of a Sprinter 333 FLK. Thus far all is fine. The floor plan is very user friendly. Big living area, great kitchen and despite the king bed the bedroom does not feel cramped. Had to put a memory foam topper on the mattress as it was too firm. With 50A service, we can run everything without any issues. We had a slight issue with the leveling system out of the box, but our site was far from level and the dealer installed a new control board on the system and worked fine thereafter. Only glaring issue that I can see is limited outside storage with no pass through storage available. Since we are not traveling, and staying on our building site, it is a minor inconvenience to us but might be an issue for those actually traveling. Overall, quite pleased.Click image for larger version

Name:	C3182C36-2B93-40F8-8DB4-E9A680AA6D06.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	17266
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:02 AM   #3
Bugsmema

Thanks LCC! We did get our Sprinter! After driving to Michigan to pick it up, we noticed 2- things that wasn’t put on the trailer that was in the deal. A porcelain toilet, as the one in it was plastic, and a second A/C. After a few rounds with salesman, he had them installed. That was extra day to wait, and another motel. I had printed out the PDI and took with me. We told the guy who did the walk through with us I had that and was ready to go. Well, he hadn’t do a walk through like that and certainly didn’t have that amount of time. After a quick look around, I noticed a few things that didn’t work. Left refrigerator you couldn’t open the door. His diagnosis was, the catch was keeping it from opening and he could file catch down a bit, but it would loosen up over time. I didn’t want him to start filing on it so said we would get it fixed in Oregon. After the rest of inspection, we took off. By then the slides were in, and she was ready to roll. Got 400 miles from Mi and we stopped for night. Pushed button on slide that has table and chairs on it. Nothing! Tried three more times, nothing. Took it into Toledo the next morning. They diagnosed the problem as the slide frame was bent and wouldn’t open. It would take 3 weeks to get it ok’d from Keystone for warranty. So we decided to just finish our trip, take it in for repairs once we got home. Now it’s about 6 weeks later, got ok from keystone to get it repaired. Oh, framed not bent, the switch for that slide was put in backwards at plant, which after a few times of running it blew out the mother board. So parts ordered, take it back in and that will get fixed. The refrigerator, has to be pulled out and moved a bit. Was installed to close to other one so handle isn’t working correctly. They were able to loosen it a bit so it’s useable, but hard, that will be fixed at same time. Other than those major things, we are loving this trailer! Your right about the outside storage. Hubby wasn’t thrilled about that, but we think we will take TV and frig out from outside entertainment cent and put shelves and box in there. We probably wouldn’t use that center as it is. Oh, one thing I would love to know. What’s under the island besides the stove pipes, etc? Looks like lot of empty space and a cabinet for pots and pans would fit in there nicely, but can’t find any info on that! What do you think? Whew, sorry, little long winded here this morning. Thanks for your reply and continued good luck with the new Sprinter!! Love it!!
Old 10-09-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Bugsmema

Hey LCC,
I did some checking on the island that’s in our TT. It’s empty inside!!! EMPTY!
What a waste of space, but, I have a good friend who is building me a shelf where I’ll have two pull out shelves and a place to store my pots and pans, complete with a door!! So excited to get it finished. Just thought I would let you know in case you’ve wondered if there was anything inside. Don’t understand why they didn’t put a cabinet in there.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
LCC

Thanks for the update Bugsmema. What a waste of excellent storage space. We bought the 333 because of the residential style kitchen and full-timing while we are re-building a house. Having a big storage space for large pots and pans is most welcome. I believe that will be my next project.
Thanks again!
Old 10-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
Bugsmema

Well my cabinet is finished and must say it’s awesome!!! I’ll post some pics if anyone is interested!! That is if I can figure out how to do that! Humm
Old 10-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #7
LCC

Love to see what you did with that space
Old 10-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #8
Canonman

FIW, You'll be paying sales tax in MI. No sales tax in OR.
Geez I miss Oregon
Except for the traffic around Portland
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6800.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	18954  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:43 PM   #9
Bugsmema

Yep, had to pay that tax, ugh!
Old 10-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #10
Bugsmema

Yes, please post pics!! Isn’t that incredible all that space in that island?? Can’t wait to see what you came up with! I’d be interested to see if you do anything with the cabinets beside the kitchen, the ones that are so deep back but slant!

Tags
sprinter