Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Scotccrn

Finally pulled the trigger on 2650bh

After 3 years of researching, I finally got the one I want. I think we will be really happy with the Passport 2650bh. Stayed the night in the driveway as a dry run. So far so good. Just have to wait for some time off.
Scotccrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
f6bits

Yep, that’s an awesome trailer. That’s the newer version of what I have. I just can’t think of a thing that it’s lacking (that we need). You must have kids.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
jaydeb

Congrats! That's what we have, and so far we love it! Only problem we have is the fridge doesn't work right and they can't figure out what's wrong. Leaving on our first long trip in a couple days, to the Smoky Mtns. Can't wait. Again, congrats!
jaydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
chris199

Hey Jaydeb...

Have a great time in the Smokey's. We are leaving Friday for Gatlinburg (along with probably another million people). Spending the week.....

Safe travels!

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
jaydeb

We are leaving Friday too. We are staying in Cades Cove. So glad the heat wave came just in time for vacation! lol
jaydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
86GT2r

Congrats on your new RV. I believe you will really enjoy it.
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
zippy

I just got my 2650BH about a month and half ago and we really like ours. We tested our out in the park about 10 miles away and no issues. The dealer (Moix RV, Conway, AR) did a great job of going through it to make sure everything worked properly.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
chrismsnt

Congrats! We JUST got our last weekend and did the trial run at a local state park in IL last night. This is our first travel trailer so I have to says it's a bit overwhelming! I found that we had a bit of sway after leveling and setting everything up. I'm using Lynx blocks and such. However, even storing it locally, I put the tongue jack down... there's a bit of sway to it! I'm not sure if that's "normal" or not. When we slept in it last night, I felt like we were on a ship! Yes, I had the stabilizers down (with Lynx under them as well) but it just seemed like it had a TON of sway to it.

Another thing we've noticed is "managing" the 30 gallons of water!! It went FAST!!! Any tips or tricks in that department?

I can already see some mods I'm going to have to do. Such as putting up curtains for each bunk (I have that figured out with using the same type of tracking on the shower curtain), separating or putting shelves in some of the cabinets and all of that. Is there any way to turn down the brightness on the radio/DVD player? It seemed awfully bright!

Again... just figuring these things out! :-) We're towing ours with a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ a 5.7 V8 Hemi. First time towing something that large as well. You know something is back there! That's for sure! I'd love to hear your impressions of your unit!

Chris
chrismsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
86GT2r

Our solution to the 30 gallon water issue is to use the campgrond shower house if we are using our water tanks. We find 30 gal is fine for a weekend if you are frugal. It also helps that we were used to a 10 gallon tank in the popup we used to have.
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
hdblues

I have a 2010 Passport 285RL that I bought this last March. After the first trip I changed out the OEM scissor jacks and bought 4 BAL 24" scissor jacks and an X-Chock. It is very stable. The BAL jacks are 10 times better! As for the 30 gal. tank the wife & I can make due for 4 or 5 days. Next to the tank under the bed (in ours), there is room for another 20 or 30 gal. tank. I may drop another one in and put a "T" in the supply line...50 or 60 gal. of water. Got to watch it with only a 30 gal. Black & 30 gal. Gray.
hdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Halibutman214

We REALLY like our 2650 and will be leaving on our big Alaska trip in a few short days. The one big mod I made was cutting out both sides of the dinette seating area and installing cabinet doors on each side. It's a huge area to store stuff but it was SUCH a pain to have to take the cushions out everytime you wanted something. I ordered the two cabinet doors that go over the sink $68 and they fit perfectly. It looks like it was made that way and for that matter should have been. You can get a jump on a lot of things if you do a 2650 search on here and read what many of us have already experienced. Great camping and KEEP ALL OF YOUR MANUALS HANDY.
Halibutman214 is offline   Reply With Quote