Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2021, 09:12 AM   #1
flyingjack

Mountaineer freezer door

Freezer door bottom hinge broke; part permanently attached to door. "Norcold Guy" parts book appears to show top and bottom interchangeable and cost of $128 each. Looked elsewhere and also appears that I can buy entire door for $80-$117 on ebay. Anybody done this before. Are there salvage yards that I can buy entire door?
2013 Mountaineer 345DBQ
Norcold model N811

Thanks for any help.
Jack
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You've got (or at least had) an RV "junkyard" about 15 miles away in Brighton.

• Five Star RV Salvage, 12202 Brighton Road, Henderson (Denver), Colorado 80640, (800) 222-6737 or (303) 659-1725 https://fivestarrvgroup.com/

If they're still in business, they may have "just what you need" and you can "go look at it to make sure it's what they say it is" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #3
flyingjack

JRTJH; 5 Star is open and looking a door for me as we speak. Thanks so much.
Jack
Old 08-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
flyingjack

JRTJH; you were absolutely right. Five Star did indeed have a salvage door-$50. Cleaned it up a little, glued seal on a little better and installed our cover panel. Works perfect.
Great tip, I didn't know anything about Five Star- great place for new and salvage stuff.

Also bought a new awning from them. All installed and about ready for pictures and going on the market. Wife wants smaller 5er and newer- so that's what we're doing.

Jack
Old 08-24-2021, 06:43 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack View Post
JRTJH; you were absolutely right. Five Star did indeed have a salvage door-$50. Cleaned it up a little, glued seal on a little better and installed our cover panel. Works perfect.
Great tip, I didn't know anything about Five Star- great place for new and salvage stuff.

Also bought a new awning from them. All installed and about ready for pictures and going on the market. Wife wants smaller 5er and newer- so that's what we're doing.

Jack
I'm glad it worked out for you. Five Star has been there for "ages". When I had my RV sales lot and repair business on the corner of First and Sheridan back in the early 70's, I did a lot of business with them. They were "reliable and upstanding people" to do business with back then. Sounds like they're still doing things the old fashioned way....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer, mount