Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2021, 07:40 AM   #1
West99

Springdale 1760bh AC doesn't cool (at all) just purchased!

Any ideas on this thermostat ? it is not digital, all manual.. Does this run the AC and Furnace or just furnace? Our AC unit will not blow cool air at all and cycles down every minute or so. We just purchased 2 weeks ago and service dept is closed today. Any help or ideas would be great!
West99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Does your air conditioner have "ceiling panel controls" ???

There are several "types of air conditioners" being used in RV's.

The first is a "sidewall home type unit" installed in smaller travel trailers.
Then there's the roof mount, manual ceiling controls used in non-ducted systems.
Then there's the manual control thermostat roof mount units.
Then there's the digital control thermostat units.
Then there's the "In-Command" controlled units, some with thermostats, some with temperature sensors and no thermostats.

Which type air conditioner do you have ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #3
West99

AC problems

It is the ceiling mount, 13.5 btu, non ducted. Blowing just room temp air, I'm assuming it was tested by the dealership since they told us it was all inspected.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:42 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I know this sounds simplistic but do you have the thermostat set correctly? I pulled up a couple of videos that appear to show the thermostat but neither addressed it and I don't recognize it. I assume it is a Coleman?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
West99

No its a keystone springdale and the thermostat appears to run the furnace only.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:51 AM   #6
dutchmensport

Wow, it's been a long time since we've had a trailer that had the center-blast non-ducked air conditioning system. As I recall (or best I can remember), the (mechanical) thermostat had an off - fan - Auto switch and then it had a heat and AC switch, even though the AC was turned on at the AC unit at the ceiling (not the wall). The thermostat had nothing to do with the AC. They were two complete separate systems.

As best as I can remember, the AC plenum had 2 knobs on it. One was for on-off and fan speed (high and low). The other was for temperature setting.

(I could be wrong, but it was something like that).

I suggest you turn the wall thermostat to the "off" position. Then see if the AC works. It's possible the knobs are miss labeled. Figure out which knob turns on the fan, and then turn the other one to lower the temperature and see if the compressor starts running.

If there is more to it than it, a call to your dealership is probably the next step.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Sounds like a standalone AC. As dutchmen suggested turn the thermostat on the wall off. Put the fan control on high. IIRC the temp control (memory) maybe red and blue areas that you could turn it to. Put it on high and put the temp control in the deepest/thickest part of the blue and wait. I think it used to take what seemed like forever for the compressor to kick in on our last one. If nothing happens try different positions and waiting to see if it kicks in. If not I would take it to the dealer since it's brand new. You might make sure that the fan portion works properly on the different speeds while you are at it.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:14 AM   #8
West99

Well it sounds like we are SOL as far as servicing goes.. The dealer we bought from can't even get it in for 3-4 weeks. Not real happy now and expected a little more..........
Old 06-14-2021, 08:20 AM   #9
JDDilly

If you post a photo of the thermostat and the air conditioning unit, someone might be able to help. As someone posted there are many combinations a air conditioning unit and thermostat combinations. Without photos, know one knows exactly what you have.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:44 AM   #10
travelin texans

Contact Keystone or the A/C manufacturer to try & get a mobile tech out to you for warranty repair sooner than 3-4 weeks.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by West99 View Post
Well it sounds like we are SOL as far as servicing goes.. The dealer we bought from can't even get it in for 3-4 weeks. Not real happy now and expected a little more..........

Like Danny said, contact the manufacturer of your AC directly. They are the ones that warrant the unit; the dealer is just a middleman. They will probably have some other qualified service tech you can contact with hopefully a better timeline.

Tags
springdale