Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
dezl

sheets???

so my raptor 423 has the "king" bed however the measurements aren't an actual king. Where are people buying sheets that actually fit?
dezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

You mist have a RV King mattress which is way shorter than a residential. You should be able to find them on Wayfair or Amazon. Just search for RV Short King sheets.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
notanlines

Sorry, but you need to actually measure length AND width of your 'king' mattress before ordering to be sure. Keep in mind that your mattress may be anywhere from 6" to 16" thick (probably closer to the former). Try this site for starters and go from there. https://www.ablifestyles.net/road-ready-rv-sheet-set/
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
dezl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
You mist have a RV King mattress which is way shorter than a residential. You should be able to find them on Wayfair or Amazon. Just search for RV Short King sheets.
It only was that easy. The mattress is 67 wide by 72 long. An RV king is 72x80

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Sorry, but you need to actually measure length AND width of your 'king' mattress before ordering to be sure. Keep in mind that your mattress may be anywhere from 6" to 16" thick (probably closer to the former). Try this site for starters and go from there. https://www.ablifestyles.net/road-ready-rv-sheet-set/
ours is 6" think the problem is the length and width. I may just end up buying a new mattress for it.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:23 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I would throw that one out and just buy a regular residential queen size mattress. Unending selections and easy to find which is what I did. You might have to cut the bed platform down just a bit but nothing to that.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #6
dezl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I would throw that one out and just buy a regular residential queen size mattress. Unending selections and easy to find which is what I did. You might have to cut the bed platform down just a bit but nothing to that.
Im actually going to measure now and see if I can wedge a king in. Interesting though, you pay big money for these trailers and they put a goofy odd size mattress in.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezl View Post
Im actually going to measure now and see if I can wedge a king in. Interesting though, you pay big money for these trailers and they put a goofy odd size mattress in.

RVs have historically had not only odd sized mattresses but also really weird shaped mattresses. Basically trying to give someone a "spot" to sleep in whatever space is available. When measuring for a full king be sure to keep the space required around the mattress to take care of changing sheets, making the bed and flipping it in mind. DW wants "room" around the edges, not wedged in trying to do daily chores in there.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #8
notanlines

"When measuring for a full king be sure to keep the space required around the mattress to take care of changing sheets" Truer words were never spoken. I'm 72 and DW is, uh, I believe she and Jack Benny are still 39, and when I help I'm not crawling to the end of the mattress to change sheets.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote