Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2020, 04:58 AM   #21
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
Howdy folks,

I wanted to give a quick thank you to all the folks on here that have given advice and guidance throughout my time on the forum. We have been very happy with our Passport but the family has grown and with that, the trailer is being traded in for a larger model.

We are moving to a Grand Design fifth wheel, not because we didn’t like Keystone, it’s just how the numbers worked out this time.

I wish all the best and smooth roads ahead! God bless
If you are not aware there its a GD owned forum "gdrvowners" that has company/factory reps who monitor and chime in on issues. There is also one like this that is not associated with GD and is not officially monitored, "mygrandrv". Both are useful.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:54 AM   #22
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
<snip> I have a sneaking suspicion that some of these manufacturers are not using Amish craftsman and if you look at ANY brand of camper you will see similar complaints. <snip>
We toured the Bullet Premier line a few years back. While most of the workers had left the floor, one younger Amish worker had stayed behind to discuss something with our tour guide (I don't recall his position in the organization, but he wasn't a floor supervisor or the like). We were asked to wait off to the side at a good distance from where the discussion took place, and from what we could see and hear, the interaction got a little heated. Not sure what the topic was about. When the guide returned he was muttering to himself about the "younger" work ethic - so I wonder how many quality issues can be chocked up to those that haven't been inculcated with having pride in their work.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

My last time at the factory (several years ago) there were two young gentlemen dressed in Amish fashion, that were on top of a fifth wheel on the line. They were installing vent stacks for the holding tanks. Rather than using a 2" hole saw, they had a hammer and "one quick blow" produced a "suitable hole" through which the vent pipe could be "pushed down to the tank"..... Certainly anything but a "precision drilled hole in the roof decking" .....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote