Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #1
Viet_Vet

Yellowstone August 15 - 31

Greetings all!
My son, his wife, and my 2 grandchildren will be flying to USA to meet up and travel with us to Yellowstone. They are on a tight schedule and can only stay 6 days with us.

We have never been to Yellowstone, but the research I have done so far shows most of the campgrounds have little or no hookups. We have a generator, which is allowed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day. My biggest concern with six people is water, both fresh drinking water and disposing of gray and black water.

Can any of you who have stayed in Yellowstone share your experiences and information with me as to where you camped and what hookups they have?

We at least need a campsite with water, toilets and showers. Because of our limited time, we need to stay inside the park. Any recommendations that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Viet_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
CedarCreekWoody

I suggest you look at the private campgrounds in West Yellowstone. They offer full services and are very near the west entrance to the park. You can get details on the national park campgrounds online. They are minimal.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
roadglide

I made reservations January 25 for West Yellowstone Rainbow point 6 months advance with water and electric and a dump site near by 6 months to the day I needed to stay. My camper is 35 feet I got the largest site 30x50. I found only 2 Parks In Yellowstone that would take large campers .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

It's about 30 minutes outside of Yellowstone but a fantastic campground on the Yellowstone River. Yellowstone's Edge. I cannot say enough about this great campground.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:50 PM   #5
notanlines

I agree with what Woody said except for one small item. West Yellowstone is about a 30 minute ride every morning and every evening from the main part of the park. Keep in mind you will drive that twice a day. However we do love West Yellowstone. It has everything else.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #6
24mileboy

Try Flagg Ranch in Grand Teton National Park! Great power sites and lots to see in GTNP and close to Yellowstone NP!
24mileboy is offline   Reply With Quote