Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
Kevbot

Newbie w/ questions!!!!

New to the forums, trying to find out if there is somewhere to find the dimensions of the door on my trailer. We have a 2005 Keystone Cougar M301BHS that I am wanting to change the steps on. We keep the trailer at the lake about 2 hours away from home so I can't measure it right now, but want to order new steps to replace next time we go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kevbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #2
FlyingAroundRV

Most of the trailers I've seen have a standard size door...with the emphasis on "most". We were at a park the other week and the trailer next to us seemed to have a narrower entry door. Also, it is about the only trailer I've seen that didn't have windows in the doors. I don't know if this was a custom build, but it also had only one tall thin window on the passenger side of the whole trailer.

The door on my trailer is 25-1/2" wide in the jamb. There is a small lip inside that, that the screen shuts to. That is about 1/4" wide, so narrows the doorway by about 1/2".
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

When you order/purchase steps, if your getting “solid” steps that mount inside and fold out you need to know the width jamb to jamb. If your getting steps that mount below then you need to know that width.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
Kevbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
When you order/purchase steps, if your getting “solid” steps that mount inside and fold out you need to know the width jamb to jamb. If your getting steps that mount below then you need to know that width.
Gotcha, I understood that post already, IV was just curious if there was somewhere or there in the web that night possibly have that kinda spec, w/o me just having to drive the 2 hours away for measurement. I wanted to try to get the new ones ordered/received before I went back to the lake
Kevbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags