Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
katina

Questions on where stuff is - Springdale

As y'all are so nice on here and I have looked all over.....I have a 2018 Springdale 311RE travel trailer and have no idea where the circuit breaker box is - or if I even have one. I know - crazy. I'm new to all this. My trailer is parked all the time. The park manager winterized it but now my hot water heater won't work off electric. (switches are all on) I can use gas but prefer to use the electric.

Speaking of - as it's parked all the time - should I disconnect the battery? I read in the manual that if hooked to a power outlet it will always keep charging battery.

Thanks so much!!
katina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you stand facing the refrigerator, there is a cupboard just to the left of it. In the bottom of that cupboard (below the doors) is a brown/black plastic panel. Push on the top of that panel and the door will open, revealing your AC circuit breakers and DC fuses.

Check to be sure that the circuit breakers are all turned on. Whoever winterized your RV may have turned the water heater circuit breaker off to protect the AC heating element. If all the breakers are on, then go outside, open the water heater "outside access panel" and, in the lower left corner, behind the gas valve assembly, you'll find a very small, black switch. That is the "safety switch" to turn the AC heating element off/on. Push on the top to turn it off, push on the bottom to turn it on. Yes, the switch is installed "upside down". There may be a small safety pin installed in the switch that you'll need to remove. Some have that pin, some don't.

If the above doesn't fix your water heater problem, get back with us.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. You should have a brown plastic looking box on the outside wall of a cabinet somewhere. It will be about 8” by 12” or so. It will also stick out about a 1/2” or so. The front of it is a door that you push on and it will fold open. Your circuit breakers are there with your fuses. Enjoy the memories you’ll make in your rig.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
katina

Thanks so much! I thought that might be the spot. Well, I know where that is now - whew! But nothing is popped and the switch outside is on - the black switch next to the heater and the one on the inside. I'm using propane for now. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
Bisjoe

Are you sure it's just on gas? You should be able to use either or both. The red light between the switches only comes on if there is a problem. We have it on electric overnight, but turn on gas also in the morning for faster recovery after the first shower.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
Pull Toy

Welcome to the group!

If the electric water heater switch was turned on prior to filling the tank, the element is probably cooked. If it was full, you should be OK. Sometimes a tripped breaker is not so obvious. It is usually a good practice to turn a breaker off, then back on.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
katina

Yes, only gas. The electric switch on the inside is off. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #8
katina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
Welcome to the group!

If the electric water heater switch was turned on prior to filling the tank, the element is probably cooked. If it was full, you should be OK. Sometimes a tripped breaker is not so obvious. It is usually a good practice to turn a breaker off, then back on.

Good Luck,
Water was in first. I'll try again later. For now, using propane is fine, I have a huge tank. Thanks!

Tags
circuit, heater, springdale