Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
WSCY

Storage issue

Where can I find a plastic storage bin that is large enough to store drain hoses, water hose, water doo dads and stuff. Everything I look at is either way too short in height or not long or wide enough. I could use some guidance. Thanks
WSCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
KeithInUpstateNY

I use a flexible tub similar to this: Tubtrugs 10 gal. Plastic Flexible Tub

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tubtrugs-1...e-Tub/29370932

I fold the two handles toward each other to squish it through the passthrough door and they pop back up once inside. Not perfect, but it works.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
spade117

Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes among others usually carry a plethora of different sizes.

Depending on where the bin will be stored within your trailer, make sure to measure what size will fit wherever you end up choosing to keep it.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #4
Tbos

Storage issue

I use a dedicated bin with lid for the sewer hose, support and fittings. It was straight off the shelf at Walmart or Target. It’s about 18” high, 18” wide and 24” long. Water hoses are coiled and places in the pass through storage.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I know some use other means and I probably will too when I get around to fabricating something, but my sewer hose goes in the bumper. No issues with rusting anywhere. I have had to replace one hose due to a pin hole from abrasion either in the bumper enclosure or use.

For my fresh water equipment I use one tote; for the black tank flush hose, fittings, caps, gloves etc. I use a 2nd tote. Another tote carries misc. like x chocks and wrenches, an extension cord, some spare magnetic mount motion detecting lights, flashlight and other stuff I can't remember. The last tote is smaller with various kinds of hardware; Roberts screws, speednuts of various sizes and types, Nyla lock nuts of different sizes, various size/type screws, nuts, bolts etc. It also has all kinds of electrical connectors, heat shrink connectors, a roll of "extreme" tape etc. My 12vdc fuses stay in the trailer with some other "stuff". Tote size is determined by what goes in it. I have guestimated wrong at times and those "mistakes" have been utilized for some other purpose. Buy them at Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes and sometimes Dollar Store depending on what you need and when.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:21 PM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCY View Post
Where can I find a plastic storage bin that is large enough to store drain hoses, water hose, water doo dads and stuff. Everything I look at is either way too short in height or not long or wide enough. I could use some guidance. Thanks
I sure hope you don't store drain hose and water hose in the same bin!

To the point I did the 5" square vinyl fence post with hinged caps for the stinky slinky and fittings. I can get 20' of drain hose and connections in the post.

I store the water hoses in a plastic tub with lid in the basement.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:19 PM   #7
busterbrown

I agree with Russell. Mounting a vinyl fence post underneath the coach is easy and convenient for your waste storage needs. This is how I did it:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...7&postcount=32

And as others have suggested, please store fresh water hoses and waste hose in completely separate containers. No need to explain further.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:13 AM   #8
Laredo Tugger

WSCY, You did not say what type or make of TT you have. As others have said, the plastic totes come in multiple sizes and I do like the 5" fence post for the "stinky slinky" (nice one Russ). That looks more convenient than my present bumper storage design.
One option to explore would be what I did with my Laredo 5er. I found that the compartment next to (rear of) my water/cable television connections was too small (maybe 14" deep) to really store anything. I removed the factory installed back wall and found an empty space almost the width of the entire trailer. After careful planning (avoiding water piping and electrical wiring) I moved the wall back almost 2 feet. I now have everything water and power in one compartment.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:29 AM   #9
Logan X

I use a plastic bin for all of the sewer hose and various attachments and a separate bin for the fresh water hose and all of the attachments. As already mentioned, you should never store your sewer hose and your fresh water hose together. Both of my bins are then stored in the front pass through storage. I bought the bins from Lowes.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:29 AM   #10
goducks

I've been using a fence post for 8 years. Same fence post only on two different trailers. One TT and one 5er.
Packing and unpacking totes got old. With the fence post I keep two hoses in it along with the threaded sewer fitting. Not messing with sorting through the front storage bay.
My fence post is mounted right next to the dump valve so it's quick and easy to grab a hose at a dump station. If I only camped at FH sites then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But when dumping at dump stations it got old going back and forth packing and unpacking while people were lined up behind me.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage