Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
Meek

RV antenna

Never had an rv always been tent campers. Bought a new springdale 202 and was curious if some one can tell me when all the antenna Jack's inside the trailer are for. One is by itself and says antenna. Then there's 2 next to it with a short 3 inch cable attaching the 2 together. Thanks for any info.
Meek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. The “antenna” port is used to get OTA signal to the TV.

Been a while but I believe the “loop” is for satellite reception.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

If your trailer is wired like mine, there is a "cable/satellite" port on the outside. Inside you'll find two plates, one with the small jumper and two connectors and one with the antenna booster, TV cable connector and a 12 VDC "cigarette lighter plug".

The rear outside port is where you plug in a campground "cable TV" connection. With the "jumper cable" in place, the signal passes to the plate with the RV cable connector (turn the antenna booster amplifier OFF).

If you connect a satellite dish to the rear outside port, then you'll need to remove the jumper cable, the lower connector is attached to the satellite receiver box "IN" and the box "OUT" is connected to the top connector. With the antenna booster OFF, you should have satellite signal to the TV.

Essentially, the jumper cable is a "pass through" for cable TV and is removed to connect the satellite receiver.

When using the OTA (rooftop) antenna, the jumper cable is not a part of the system. The OTA antenna connects to the splitter behind the plate with the booster switch and lighter plug on it

Here's what mine looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	satellite connection jumper.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	21549  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:46 AM   #4
Fredcook

You may also have a booster button near the cohort cable as well. If this on it will help you find channels for the OTA..

Fred & Trisha
Evansville,IN
2018 SM3030BH
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Air lift 1000
Fredcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:02 AM   #5
{tpc}

Man I wish mine had come with that jumper! I had to rewire and do my own on the booster wall plate. Same theory though.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:23 AM   #6
Bisjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If your trailer is wired like mine, there is a "cable/satellite" port on the outside. Inside you'll find two plates, one with the small jumper and two connectors and one with the antenna booster, TV cable connector and a 12 VDC "cigarette lighter plug".

The rear outside port is where you plug in a campground "cable TV" connection. With the "jumper cable" in place, the signal passes to the plate with the RV cable connector (turn the antenna booster amplifier OFF).

If you connect a satellite dish to the rear outside port, then you'll need to remove the jumper cable, the lower connector is attached to the satellite receiver box "IN" and the box "OUT" is connected to the top connector. With the antenna booster OFF, you should have satellite signal to the TV.

Essentially, the jumper cable is a "pass through" for cable TV and is removed to connect the satellite receiver.

When using the OTA (rooftop) antenna, the jumper cable is not a part of the system. The OTA antenna connects to the splitter behind the plate with the booster switch and lighter plug on it

Here's what mine looks like
This is correct, and the same as on my Springdale 202. That booster makes a big difference.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:05 PM   #7
Benjo

What would you use the 12 volt lighter socket for - perhaps to power a 12 volt TV, if that's what you have? By the way Bisjoe, yes that booster does make a tremendous difference. We've got a pretty Plain Jane Toshiba TV, but so far it has done well enough for us.
Benjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:19 AM   #8
Bisjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
What would you use the 12 volt lighter socket for - perhaps to power a 12 volt TV, if that's what you have? By the way Bisjoe, yes that booster does make a tremendous difference. We've got a pretty Plain Jane Toshiba TV, but so far it has done well enough for us.
I have a small inverter that I plug into that 12 volt socket to run the TV if not connected to shore power. I also use it to power my wifi rear-view camera, that's mounted in the back window and transmits to an old Android phone in the cab.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:02 AM   #9
depush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisjoe View Post
I have a small inverter that I plug into that 12 volt socket to run the TV if not connected to shore power. I also use it to power my wifi rear-view camera, that's mounted in the back window and transmits to an old Android phone in the cab.
Interesting. I've yet to find anything that will fit properly. I thought it was a non-standard outlet at first. Everything I've attempted seems to be too long and won't stay seated.
depush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna