Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
tpznapod

Coroplast Skirting

Hello, Longtime lurker, first time poster.
So I am trying to figure out a good material to use for skirting and was thinking about using .393" thick Coroplast and was wondering if anyone had any experience using this material, or what have people used in the past.
Thanks for your help!!
Dan
tpznapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Depending on the price, Coroplast can be an excellent skirting material. There's little movement once a trailer is parked and skirted, so any "weatherproof, rigid" material will work to block wind from blowing under the trailer and help retain what little heat is in that area. 1/2" rigid foam sheeting, 1/4" OSB/plywood, vinyl "mobile home skirting" all are good choices.

It really depends on what is available in your area and what pricing each choice has. Coroplast is probably the most durable of the choices, but remember, unless the trailer is parked in the exact same spot, chances are the "cut to fit" skirting won't fit as well if the trailer is moved and leveled in another location for next year. So, if you're moving spaces between use, rigid, expensive skirting may not be the best choice.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:32 AM   #3
tpznapod

Thanks for the quick reply John. I really like the Coroplast, easy to work with, and light. Thinking about using velcro for the top so I can have some adjustability. Then using a U-track on the ground to help stabilize the bottom, OR attaching some type of bulb seal to the bottom. We have a lot/property that we keep it on most of the time, so dimensions will stay the same.
tpznapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
KeithInUpstateNY

I used Reflectix to skirt my cabin years ago and it has held up remarkably well. I just put inexpensive tarps over it to block the sun damage, which also created a second air space. The two foot wide roll was wide enough to have a "flange" on the ground that I weighed down with landscape timbers. Not the cheapest solution initially, but it made a huge difference in the floor temp and it's been in place at least 15 years. I expected to have to replace it long before now.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote