Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
dave-g

water leak- 325srx

On our 1st big trip I had 2 water leaks.

1. domestic supply hose. This hose failed at the metal crimp connector. It was located directly behind the garden hose connector. Found one at lowes that was very close.

2. leak. shower tub. Where the fitting connects to the base, it is only sealed with an o ring. The problem is the base has a small amount of flex near the drain, but the ridge abs pipe does not. I took it apart and added 100% silicone to the ring. 25+ showers no more leaks.

I would recommend every one check under the shower ( 2 screws to remove panel) and make sure you are dry.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
On our 1st big trip I had 2 water leaks.

1. domestic supply hose. This hose failed at the metal crimp connector. It was located directly behind the garden hose connector. Found one at lowes that was very close.

2. leak. shower tub. Where the fitting connects to the base, it is only sealed with an o ring. The problem is the base has a small amount of flex near the drain, but the ridge abs pipe does not. I took it apart and added 100% silicone to the ring. 25+ showers no more leaks.

I would recommend every one check under the shower ( 2 screws to remove panel) and make sure you are dry.
1) You are referring to the 90 degree hose on the other side of the city water connection? I didn't change it, mine was more weeping than leaking. After I put a pressure regulator on the connection never had that happen again..

2) have taken 25+ showers haven't seen the problem you describe. I will have to take a closer look at it see how it's installed.

One thing I don't like about shower base is it doesn't drain even when trailer dead level. Seems like mine might be installed slight unlevel. Water always pools to the front edge closest to the sink.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
dave-g

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/...=VIDEO0039.mp4
camera was turned sideways.
water was dripping out of crimp connector at 90 degree end. I did not have a water pressure reg on. But may by one.

Also we both must be leveling our units wrong. My shower hold water in the same corner.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 07-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
smiller

Quote:
Also we both must be leveling our units wrong. My shower hold water in the same corner.
Mine does to. Maybe they all do it. Not a real problem but it would be nice to have the drain opening actually be the lowest point.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Maxzd

Quote:
http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/...=VIDEO0039.mp4
camera was turned sideways.
water was dripping out of crimp connector at 90 degree end. I did not have a water pressure reg on. But may by one.

Now that I saw the video i had the exact problem Dave-g. It didn't happen the first few times, but noticed it after we went to a newer RV park. I know the water pressure was higher than normal at this place. I discovered the leak after carpet was wet and traced it back. I cut a 6"x6" access hole in the angled panel when I first bought the unit to reach the winterizing kit I installed. That way didnt need to take that panel off several times a year... When I got home I tried to find a replacement based on the part number on the hose. Every RV place just said make your own with a hose and hose clamps. Didn't want that liked the factory hose with factory crimps. So I finally thought to try the pressure regulator.. Never been a problem since...

So hope the same works for you. I screwed the pressure regulator right on the city water connection so it's always there...

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
gregrc75

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Mine does to. Maybe they all do it. Not a real problem but it would be nice to have the drain opening actually be the lowest point.
Same with mine, and it is not a toy hauler, it is a conventional travel trailer
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
dave-g

While on vacation I tried 3 rv places in the lake George NY area- Lowes is where I found a hose. Made for home use so it should take "city water pressure" no problem.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r