Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2018, 06:36 AM   #1
kulissmith

Questions before buying used 2018 Premier Bullet 19FB

Hi, We are looking to possibly purchase a 2018 Premier Bullet Ultra Lite 19FB. We looked at it yesterday and it looks awesome with tons of little extras thrown in. The owners used for one long ~7K mile road trip and wife decides she does not like camping so they are selling fully equipped. The only issue we could identify is a noticeable gap between the tub and the shower wall on the back corner opposite the shower head. The owner said there is a lip on the tub that prevents leaking. It seems like this is a potential major problem. Any advise or personal experience with this type of gap? Are owners of the Premier 19FB happy with their purchase? Any things to be aware of that you can share?
Thanks. Ann
kulissmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
Ken / Claudia

Without seeing the gap your talking about, I am thinking what your looking at is the space between the tub upper rim and the side panel. RVs are different then homes in many ways, that gap is needed and normal unlike a stick built home there would be caulking or grout making a water proof seal. RVs have a lip up behind the panel.
Advice would be to take a friend over to look at it who is a RVer. On this forum there is a PDI printout to help a buyer check off everything as you look the unit.
Telling you to look/check out the roof for leaks or brakes/tires etc. Would you know what good and bad looks like? It is nearly new and likely not having issues but, best to experienced eyes check it out. To go through the whole unit, testing everything and you should, may take 3-4 hours.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #3
kulissmith

Thanks for the great suggestions! Would love to hear more from Premier Bullet 19FB owners and any concerns or accolades you can share.
Ann
kulissmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:49 AM   #4
Dez

We recently bought our 19fbpr and are currently on our first weekend trip. My wife was concerned about the tub surround also. I had the dealer caulk the seam to ease “her” concern. I wouldn’t consider that anywhere close to a potential future problem, as said by Ken/Claudia, the surround covers the tub lip. We thought this was the best floor plan in this size trailer and really like it so far. I’ve read the negative reviews, but take them with a grain of salt. Everything in our unit seems well built and the fit and finish is fine. I’ve opened access panels and underbelly as well to run tv cable and found construction to be acceptable. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet