Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
linux3

Couch arm rests

We really like our TT. We like to go to RV shows and look at all the new stuff and talk about why ours is better.
BUT.
Always a but. I would really like arm rests on our couch. We have a Murphy bed so the couch folds down and the bed board folds out and we are happy with that but I would like o have arm rests to lean against or support my head when I lay on the couch.

The bed board is 1/2 inch narrower that the couch so some kind of arms on each side would be great.

Any suggestions?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180501_122647.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	16266
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Our Holiday Rambler had a sofa bed that was 74" long, so there were no arm rests on it. I bought some square foam 8"x8" and cut two 18" pieces and covered them with some upholstery fabric that "sort of matched". We put them on each end of the sofa when sitting and put them under the bed when it was folded down for sleeping.

On yours, there's no wall to lay the foam pieces against, and they would probably fall off the end. You might try to fabricate a plywood base and a couple of "stake pockets" to slide the arms into so they stay in place and can be removed when the bed is laid down.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote