Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
Ffemtp613

New cougar 333mks

I am looking at buying this unit, does anyone have any thoughts or known issues with these units?

Thanks

John
Ffemtp613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #2
Dr Bobs Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffemtp613 View Post
I am looking at buying this unit, does anyone have any thoughts or known issues with these units?

Thanks

John
Been full time in mine for 10 months and haven't had any major issues. The only minor problem I am having is the water heater will not operate on gas.

Minor issues, black water tank level indictors are either 3/4 or full - standard problem with being mostly stationary; axles are out of line but are easily fixed - just haven't taken the time; fireplace heater stopped working - found a loose connection on the positive terminal; mattress sucks and will get replaced; and running refrigerator constantly requires periodic defrosting.

Have fun we love ours!
Old 07-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
Bolo4u

We purchased a 2016 new last September. I stay in it about 4 days a week while at work in the Sierras near Truckee. It has the polar plus, and that was great this past snowy, rainy harsh winter. I stayed fairly comfortable.

Have only had a couple very minor issues, and have been or will resolve myself (hot water heater jumper wire melted, causing loss of power to the electric side; and various loose nuts and bolts). We are currently about 2/3 through our Oregon/Idaho/Montana/Idaho and back home trip. It's been great. The only drawback is, there is no dedicated space for our 7 yo son to sleep, keep his stuff. He sleeps on the fold-out at night.

I put new Carlisle HD tires on it before the trip, and installed a TPMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
cmsmith22

We bought ours in Dec of 2016. We have lived full time in ours since we purchased it. We have about 10,000 miles on it. No problems at all. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nowhere to be, and all the time to get there"
2016 F350
2016 333MKS
cmsmith22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #5
Budboy

We just bought a new 2017 333mks. We have done 2 short trips in it so far. The gas detector starting beeping on our 2nd trip and the panel on the freezer door will not stay on so it's in the shop getting those fixed. I am not crazy about the furniture. The theater seats are hard to recline and may switch out the cough later on. Otherwise so far so good. I love all the storage , cupboards and pantry. The center island is wonderful. Ours however does not have the under bed storage which I miss. Love the big shower too. We really like ours.
Budboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #6
tunatundra

We bought a 2017 333 last May 2016 so this is the second year of camping. We have had very little trouble with it except for a leak under the front cap seam above the washer and dryer compartment. To be fair we had over 5.5 inches of rain in two days and nights with extreme winds. It rained pitchforks and bowling balls. I resealed the seam with dicor (beige color) as the factory job had gaps and several "pin" holes that allowed the pooling water to enter. We have had it back out in the rain twice with no leaks.. The trailer is the layout we wanted but it's built for two sleepers as the couch is really uncomfortable to sleep on. Our next purchase will be an air mattress to go on top of the pull out when we have guests. There should be 0 quality difference between the 333 and any other Cougar model you choose. Just pick the one that does not have a "citrus" smell..
O.P. Kansas
tunatundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
ScotnBev

Ditto to all above comments. Bought ours in 2015, on our third session, getting ready to go to Oregon and Washington next week. No major problems. Love the floor pan. My dad sleeps on the couch and hasn't complained about it. We replaced the mattress. The audio system isn't blue ray, so added that. Also added AC in bed room. The single AC couldn't keep up in AZ and NM in the summer. Fire place heats fine but the fake fire had issues, blubs burdened out in a month and fire pattern thingy clicks a lot as the fire image rolls back and forth quickly. Haven't had time to look into this yet.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
TrailerSafe BD3 hitch

ScotnBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:22 AM   #8
Lindsey

We LOVE ours, we got it 2017. Its a great layout for a retired couple. I will warn you that we put less than 20000 miles on it about 2 years and the shackles were completely worn out. One pulled through and nearly caused a wreck, ruining a set of tires in the process. I replaced the shackles myself with a heavy duty wet set and have not had any problems since. Keep a close eye on the shackles for a hole appearing below the bolt. It means the hole is no longer round but badly oval and it will pull through with continued use.
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:54 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
We LOVE ours, we got it 2017. Its a great layout for a retired couple. I will warn you that we put less than 20000 miles on it about 2 years and the shackles were completely worn out. One pulled through and nearly caused a wreck, ruining a set of tires in the process. I replaced the shackles myself with a heavy duty wet set and have not had any problems since. Keep a close eye on the shackles for a hole appearing below the bolt. It means the hole is no longer round but badly oval and it will pull through with continued use.
Lindsey, Welcome to the forum! Keep in mind you are replying to a four year old thread. Doubt many, if any of the original posters check in these days. Also, go to the User CP in black band at the top/left of each page and put together a signature with your campers year, make and model as well as the same for your tow vehicle. Makes for better context when you are asking about or discussing your rig. Good to have you on board.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar