Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #21
f6bits

I wired both my Low and High wires into the G connector and it sounds just the same as having the High only hooked up.

Any suggestions on how to bench-test the Duo-Therm thermostat? I’d hate to have to hook it back into my trailer just to figure this out. I stared at the circuit board, but couldn’t determine what each trace did.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #22
kingji

Question Honeywell Therm.

I guess the thermostat can be set to cool only or heat only? And is there an adjustment to the deadband in case you might want the range to be 2 or 3 degrees of off time before the desire appliance comes back on. I wouldn't want it to cycle to often. Seems like the factory unit stays off too long sometimes.
Jimmy
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #23
f6bits

Bench test complete. According to the circuit board, “Fan” is connected to ground when the Auto/Fan is set to Fan and the Low/High switch is on Low. “Hi Fan” is not connected to ground. When I flip the Low/High switch to High, “Fan” is still connected to ground as is “Hi Fan.” Which is weird, because it seems that my Low and High fan wires are backwards according to the Mod diagrams. No bother. Just find the one wire that gets the fan running and wire that in permanently. The other wire would go to a toggle switch. Maybe when Summer rolls around, I’ll get a better feel for Low vs. High since they both sounded the same to me.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #24
mikell

I have 3 settings but the thermostat only seems to like low??? So in the summer I set it to MED to cool better once I figured that out it cooled without any problems
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #25
michol02

Thanks for the picture of the wiring. I just installed the same therm. and would have wired it wrong.

Visit Mods album in my profile
michol02 is offline   Reply With Quote