Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
libslowmo1

Question What Would Be A Fair Price

We are currently looking at purchasing a Bullet 251RBS. Searching the internet and finding a wide range of pricing across the states on this unit (ranging 32,000-21,500). Looking for input on what you all feel would be a fair price. Thanks in advance for all of your help.
libslowmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Ram189

I don't have a price point for you but I will say that be careful where you buy.

Buying on the internet can save you money but servicing sometimes becomes a hassle in the long run. No wants to work on the warranty issues if you did not buy it from them.

I would suggest going to an RV show local to you, if there is one. That was how we bought ours last year and ended up with the best price on a unit from the dealer right down the street from me. Service and storage is all done by them for me and it is great.

Just my .02.

https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps110a0f22.jpg
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
{tpc}

My .02 cents. We went to local RV show. Saw unit we really liked, but didn't want to make a commitment that day. Talked it over, decided yes, then tried to look for the next "rv show" nearby so we could try to at least get "show pricing".

Went to rv show 2 hrs away, only to find out that it was local dealers, none of which carried keystone. Wasted trip save for some good beer at a local brewhouse. Looked on the internet, found unit we wanted for an extremely good price. However it was a 4 hour drive or more, sans trailer.

At that point I decided to call the local dealer close by. It didn't take much in haggling to get them to meet the price of the other guy and they specifically said that if we bought from other guy, chances of warranty work being done with them in a timely fashion were not great. So we bought from them. Closer by about 4 hrs lol. Better than show price.

As for the variance in price, I saw the exact same thing. Almost a 10k swing from the highest to the lowest. All I could come up with was that each guy is making money, just some are willing to make less, all for different varying reasons.

I would get your best price you can, haggle it out with them over email or phone or whatever, then shop to the local dealer. If they meet it, then go for it. If they don't then you can buy from the other guy, but just keep in mind to be extra careful during the pdi, and get everything fixed before you take delivery, because you will probably have a more difficult time dealing with the warranty work later on.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

Here I have found at the RV shows the dealers have special pricing backed up by the makers just like auto makers. Show prices are about 1/3 off. Once I got a left over(last Years model) and that was about 1/3 off.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
theeyres

I guess I have a slightly different view of show prices. We have bought many RVs over the last 40 years and I have never found show prices to be any better than I can get at a dealer. The only big difference is the show price will sometimes be the lowest price a dealer will go if you haggle or--even better--if you know exactly what you want and what is a fair price. If you offer the "show price" to a local dealer on the exact same trailer, don't try to haggle, let them know this is it, I'll bet you will get it.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:02 AM   #6
libslowmo1

Talking Thanks To All

All, Cindy & I appreciate your responses guidance! We did all of our dealings via internet and phone starting with Pete's out of Indy. Those guys have some great bottom line pricing and they were great to work with. But, since they were so far away I looked closer to home. The 2 closest dealers with the trailer we wanted were Liberty RV (3 mi. from home) and Camping World out of Columbia MO (120 mi. from home). Sent email to both dealerships identifying the price I was quoted and inquired if they were open to matching. The only 1 to reply was Camping World. They were $730.00 above Pete's. Well, I figured that was a good deal and bought our 2015 Bullet 251RBS yesterday (2/14).

Again, thanks to all of you for your responses and guidance!
2014 Dodge Durango
Keystone Bullet 251RBS (2015)
libslowmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

I think you made a wise choice. Good luck with the camper. Now all you have to do is stock it and go have fun!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #8
notanlines

Ron, just think what you're into now. Five years from now you'll be asking how about that new Raptor 41 foot you bought and should you have a new F550 to pull it with. See? We know about these things.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote