Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
kippy

smartyy jr. help

Does anyone have a2010 dodge diesel automatic, useing a smarty jr. I have just recieved one and looking for the best settings for best mpg towing and non-towing. My truck is stock. Do i have to worry about exhaust gases?any other info would be appreccated. I am towing 15--16000 pounds. Thanks kip
kippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
danjentravels

Hey there. Just a heads up I would probably look at doing a cold air intake system and definately your exhaust. If you can afford to do the dpf delete I would jump on that. Always with more power you add more heat. So meaning your exhaust temps rise as well as engine temps. The smarty does help lower your egt's but regardless if you are adding piwer to it I would for sure do yourself a huge favour and go buy an edge cts monitor as well so you can monitor all of the important stuff. I own a smarty jr and set it on level 2 the 60 horse setting. My truck is a 5.9 mind you not the 6.7 so my power is not as yours is stock. Sadly one weak point in these trucks is the transmission and they are costly so monitoring the temps may help give piece of mind. Do not overpower yourself because it feels good to have the extra. In the long run it can break the bank. But for sure the smarty is a great choice . I believe best for dodge. Good luck
danjentravels is offline   Reply With Quote