Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
cmemx1

Arrow No Power in garage Raptor 377ES

No power in garage, check everything i can think of, dealer wants 120 bucks just to look, has to be something simple. I would think Raptor 377es
cmemx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. That's a pretty steep "dealer offering" you've got there. I'd start by looking for a tripped GFI. Chances are it's not in the garage, but somewhere in the coach. I found mine in the bathroom, it controls the one in the front storage compartment. The one in the kitchen controls the outside outlets. Where yours is: anybody's guess, but I would start there. (after the usual check of circuit breakers, of course).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
cmemx1

no power in garage

Raptor 377es did have power in garage when i first brought it home, but after the first day of travel, nothing, none of the outlets in the garage worked, checked fuses, gfi and breakers, still no power. I'm sure its somthing simple, but im stumped,

Merged double threads... hankpage
Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
rnkburg

I would call keystone to make sure there isint another breaker or gfi that you are missing. If you are on shore power try with the generator running as well.

On my raptor the 12v fuse panel had loose fuses causing issues making it seem like I had no power. I have a 300mp

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Roller4Tan

Find the last outlet closest to the garage that still works. Kill the power to the trailer, pull the outlet and check for wires coming into the outlet . Are there any wires going out from that outlet? Are those wires solidly connected ? If wire run ends at that outlet try another circuit and do the same. I'm thinking that there is a bad connection somewhere to the garage. Check the outlets in the garage for good wire connections. Obviously, make sure there is no 110v to trailer.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
cmemx1

I did put a tester in the outlet, said hot and ground were reversed, I did call service Dept. He said it's probably a switch on the converter??? And thats why it reads that way, Mabey i should pull each fuse out and look at them, can't read writing as to which fuse is what, looks like a two year old scribbled on it and the manual, well its useless
I'll keep digging a little deeper. Thanks
Old 12-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

If you had power in the garage previously and it stopped working, it is NOT reversed or switched wiring (unless you or someone else has been "tinkering").

If the power was working and suddenly stopped working, it's either a GFI, a circuit breaker or a loose wire within one of the series feeds that run from outlet to outlet. I'd still think it's a GFI that you haven't spotted yet. Somewhere, you're overlooking where it's located.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Roller4Tan

Fuses are usually 12v. If your tester is right, then maybe a wire run has vibrated enough to wear thru the insulation and short to ground. But that should have tripped the breaker on that circuit, or tripped that elusive GFI. So there is some sort of power to that outlet for the tester to read something. I'd pull the outlet to see what's going on in there.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmemx1 View Post
I did put a tester in the outlet, said hot and ground were reversed, I did call service Dept. He said it's probably a switch on the converter??? And thats why it reads that way, Mabey i should pull each fuse out and look at them, can't read writing as to which fuse is what, looks like a two year old scribbled on it and the manual, well its useless
I'll keep digging a little deeper. Thanks
1: Converter does not control 110v ac outlets.

2: Fuses are for 12v dc circuits

As John said, look for another (or failed ) GFI or loose wire. Some units will have a circuit breaker labeled "CON/REC" or similar. This may be the "Switch" your dealer referred to. It is "Converter/ Receptacle" and will control the converter and a string of outlets .... try turning it fully off and back on.
Another silly question: Are you connected to 50amp service???

Good luck ... electrical problems in trailers can drive you nuts.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
Htfiremedic

Our Fuzion had the same problem. We had a wire that had not been placed correctly in the breaker panel. It would work if it touched the terminal and depending on how we were sitting, it would break contact.
I finally traced it back there and re secured in it in the breaker. Problem solved.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
cmemx1

Thank you all, I'll start fresh tomorrow. Just kinda winging it, I did not get a chance to do a walk through. I bought a Dodge 3500 just before i left town and my wife finished up the deal on the Raptor. I flew in late from Atlanta, my wife took me straight to rv place. they had truck and trailer ready for me, Just had to let security know who i was, Jumped in and drove it home, a bit overwelmed, since my last trailer was a 23' and now I have 41' fifth wheel. spent a whole day loading it up, Left the next day from California to Florida for my sons motorcross races, other than no power in garage, It was a great success.