Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
napria

Looking at Mountaineer 357THT

Hello, we're 10 year veterans of rving. Just sold our wonderful Americamp bunkhouse fifth wheel and we're 80% leaning toward getting a Mountaineer 357 THT toy hauler to replace it.

We'd love to hear from others who own this model.

Thanks!
napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
jje1960

Tht

We did extensive walk through of the THT before purchasing our SRX in 2010. I really loved the unit. The bay was to small for golf cart at the time though, not sure how big the bay is in the newer units. SRX finally smartened up and extended 1' and squared the bay, which allows larger length cargo.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
napria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
We did extensive walk through of the THT before purchasing our SRX in 2010. I really loved the unit. The bay was to small for golf cart at the time though, not sure how big the bay is in the newer units. SRX finally smartened up and extended 1' and squared the bay, which allows larger length cargo.
According to the brochure I saw the cargo bay is 76" x 112" with the ramp door being 66" wide. From what I can see of golf cart dimensions on the Internet, this will work for most 4-seater carts. I'd love to hear from actual owners, though.

Thanks so much for your feedback!
napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

I do not own toy hauler but My ezgo txt 4 seater fits on my 4x8 trailer with no over hang so it should fit fine in the hauler! good luck
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
jje1960

Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by napria View Post
According to the brochure I saw the cargo bay is 76" x 112" with the ramp door being 66" wide. From what I can see of golf cart dimensions on the Internet, this will work for most 4-seater carts. I'd love to hear from actual owners, though.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

There ya go... Looks like they extended/rearranged as well, if I remember right, it used to be about 93". After reading your post, I looked at the new THT and noticed the OAL of the 5Ver is almost 39', this is definitely longer than the 2011 model. The THT has an awesome plan, love the 3 slides. Wife does not like the bathroom (sink/shower) in the bedroom, however I think as long as the toilet is in a box with a door... I could get use to it. Good luck!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote