Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Redbarger

2014 Keystone Outback- Furnace question

I recently bought a new outback and when the weather changed I tried the Surburban Furnace out and after the intial burn smell went away I have still noticed a rotten egg smell. No alarms are going off? Is there such a thing to have bad propane or maybe to much rotten egg additive? There is no smell when it is not running. Just wondering if there is an adjustment or do I need to return to my dealer 2 hours away.

Thanks
KB
Redbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
04z71

i have a 2014 springdale and ive used the furnace one with no smell, however i did have smell and the tanks caused by a leak at the distribution valve
04z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Redbarger

Where is the distribution valve?
Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
04z71

its the valve that the 2 tanks connect to
04z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Mark TC

I bought a new Outback last Saturday, the heat has been on from then. The first burn did have a Oder but from there on this is no Oder. It did take all day Saturday to wipe down and clean out all the saw dust from the construction. It remaindered me when I bought my first new build house. I got the 29RE outback, which did you get. I also want to put a plug in here for the dealer I deal with.HOLMAN MOTORS, I bought a new 2013 Hideout back in March. Have been camping at least 3 times each month scenic then. The Hideout is / was a great camper, I took it in last Thursday for warranty work and my dumb *** went looking while I was there. I seen the 2014 Outback 29re and decided to trade up. Holman motors has always been very responsive with me and my concerns. Each time I bought from Holman I have walked away feeling I got a good deal and they have always done what they have promised as discussed during the dealing process. From a 1 to 10 I would have to rate them a strong 9. I have seen were a lot of fellow RV'ers have horror stores with there dealers
I have the opposite . I feel a got a great deal (price) and fast friendly service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383084690.642642.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	4447   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383084704.351336.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	4448  
Mark TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
Redbarger

I bought my camper from Tom Johnson camping center in Marion NC . Not a bad experience just trying work out a few bugs. It is the 2014 Outback 301QB. We have had it 5 weeks and really like it.