Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Mike-GA

Camping World service after the sale

I bought a new Keystone 310TB from a Camping World dealership north of Atlanta. The salesman/service manager/preper all said the keys were in the …… When I got home (3 hour trip) I found there were no keys to the toy-hauler ramp. I called the dealership back the next business day. It has been over a month; I have made numerous calls and sent/received a couple of emails. But, I’m still getting the run around: ”we ordered keys”, “we could not get keys so we ordered locks and keys”, “Keystone mailed us the locks and keys but they must have got lost in the mail”, “if we don’t get the locks and keys tomorrow, we will call Keystone again”.

We have the extended warranty that covers a locksmith. I’m tempted to take a ball peen hammer and center punch to the locks and call the locksmith: “my locks seem to be broken. Fix them and send the bill to Camping World”. Please tell me this is not Camping World’s standard after the sale service.
Mike-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
labs4life

Which camping world?? I am 2 miles from the Woodstock location and chose to buy from CW in Chattanooga.
Woodstock location is a joke at best!!!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Heliumhel

Both Woodstock and oak wood are horrible. I bought mine from CW Chattanooga as well and take it back there for service. It might be an hour and a half ride but they do good work and don't have any issues with them.
Heliumhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Ron

Welcome to the world of Camping World, Service what's that, been there done that and never again...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
Mike-GA

It was at Camping World in Woodstock. Yesterday I was told that “Keystone is so concerned about security that they don’t make or stock the locks or keys. But, Keystone has contacted the supplier to get keys for me!”

Does anyone know how to contact the Keystone and Camping World Regional Managers?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-GA View Post
It was at Camping World in Woodstock. Yesterday I was told that “Keystone is so concerned about security that they don’t make or stock the locks or keys. But, Keystone has contacted the supplier to get keys for me!”

Does anyone know how to contact the Keystone and Camping World Regional Managers?
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...s/forum/97.cfm

Or [email protected]
Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com
Old 09-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-GA View Post

Yep. Sounds just like them. I told a salesman there on December 24 I was going to buy a trailer before the end of '12. We left and he still hasn't called me with the prices I requested!!

Service is in the same ballpark!! I will never do business with them, period.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #8
Heliumhel

That's funny considering most of the keys are the same, used my key to open a friends cargo door.
Heliumhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 AM   #9
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliumhel View Post
That's funny considering most of the keys are the same, used my key to open a friends cargo door.
All cargo keys are keyed alike unless you change them out. I use mine from my TT for my 5er. I had several of them. Always carry one when I visited while we were shopping to unlock cargo areas to check them out.
Door keys are different, but there probably are only 50 or so keyed different. BUT without the ones for your door you are messed up as far locking them.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #10
Mike-GA

Update. My dealer called last night and said that the keys arrived and are in my salesman’s desk. Things are looking up.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
Murphsmom

Meridian Idaho

We have had great service from the dealer in Meridian, Idaho, at least so far. Unfortunately, we have had to take the trailer in for way more things than we should have after buying a brand new TT.
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
nwfla

I had a similar experience. When I picked up my new camper, I had to sit around for 6 hours at the dealership waiting for them to put the hitch on my truck, then, they did not have the keys. They ended up changing all the locks...
Thought it was lame, and my patience was gone.
nwfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Sometimes Keystone is at fault and the dealership gets "caught in the middle" but many times, that "great dealer" buyers speak of is really incompetent and pushes their mistakes off on Keystone. If the dealer had "really done the PDI" on your RV, the keys would have been there.

Could it be that if that Meriedian ID dealer had checked for and repaired things when they had the RV in the service department doing a "real PDI" before you bought it, you wouldn't have had to take it back so many times?????

I'm not saying that every dealership is "bad" or that Keystone "never makes a mistake" but I've seen time after time when a dealership will do a quick cleanup of an RV, and the PDI is really done as the new owner is being oriented and the service tech fixes the things the new owner finds....... All the rest of the "broken stuff" gets left unattended even if it does get noticed by the tech. After all, you'll bring it back when you notice the problem and they can be the "hero" by fixing it for you.

The fact is that Keystone pays the dealership a substantial amount of money to inspect and repair things not done properly at the factory. It's cheaper for Keystone not to shut down the assembly line to repair them in the plant and pay the dealer to do those little things.

Many dealers use this "ransom" money to sweeten the "profit pot" rather than expend the manhours to do the job they are being paid to do. After all, if the new owner doesn't complain on delivery, Keystone gets hooked into paying to repair it when the new owner brings it back for warranty repair and the dealer gets paid two times for the same repair...... Seems unethical to me, but I see it done all the time by some of those "really great dealerships" who offer a sweet smile, plausible excuses and a firm pat on the owner's back while promising, "We'll fight for you with the factory and get Keystone to do the right thing for you."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Sometimes Keystone is at fault and the dealership gets "caught in the middle" but many times, that "great dealer" buyers speak of is really incompetent and pushes their mistakes off on Keystone. If the dealer had "really done the PDI" on your RV, the keys would have been there.

Could it be that if that Meriedian ID dealer had checked for and repaired things when they had the RV in the service department doing a "real PDI" before you bought it, you wouldn't have had to take it back so many times?????

I'm not saying that every dealership is "bad" or that Keystone "never makes a mistake" but I've seen time after time when a dealership will do a quick cleanup of an RV, and the PDI is really done as the new owner is being oriented and the service tech fixes the things the new owner finds....... All the rest of the "broken stuff" gets left unattended even if it does get noticed by the tech. After all, you'll bring it back when you notice the problem and they can be the "hero" by fixing it for you.

The fact is that Keystone pays the dealership a substantial amount of money to inspect and repair things not done properly at the factory. It's cheaper for Keystone not to shut down the assembly line to repair them in the plant and pay the dealer to do those little things.

Many dealers use this "ransom" money to sweeten the "profit pot" rather than expend the manhours to do the job they are being paid to do. After all, if the new owner doesn't complain on delivery, Keystone gets hooked into paying to repair it when the new owner brings it back for warranty repair and the dealer gets paid two times for the same repair...... Seems unethical to me, but I see it done all the time by some of those "really great dealerships" who offer a sweet smile, plausible excuses and a firm pat on the owner's back while promising, "We'll fight for you with the factory and get Keystone to do the right thing for you."
WELL SAID!!! Dealer is the hero and Keystone is the goat.