Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
LZScout

New Alpine Owner, Scared to Death!

OMG! Just returned the local dealer (Noble RV in Owatonna, MN) RV Open House. Just went to look, thought we were at least a year away from even thinking of making the considerable leap into a fifth wheel RV and a new truck to pull it with. The better half jumped in with both feet, down payment $$ is in the dealers hands, waiting on the financing decisions. I'm retiring in 3 weeks and she has the same plans in about a year. I'm still trying to catch my breath.

Now for the details. I had joined this forum about a year ago trying to learn what I could about 5th wheels and the tow vehicles to pull them. I've been absent a while and now I'm back full time. We've purchased a 2013 Alpine 3250RL. Seems to be everything we've looked for. Hard to find info on it, it's new this year. The only thing we've added so far are slide-out covers and protective air vent covers. On top of that, one of the owners had a used 2012 F-350 Supercab SRW Short Bed Powerstroke Diesel that he was willing to part with. Both units, as far as I can tell, are offered to us at a very fair price.

The big question is, now what do I do?
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Thndroad

Scared to death

Same thing here. We went to look and came home with no money and a purchased RV. We don't even have a tow vehicle yet. My husband is also scared to death. He has never towed something this size. Ours is only 28 ft. LOL. Looking forward to summer. Congrats on our impulse buys. I feel ok about it as Keystone owners seem to really love the products. We are first timers as well!!
Thndroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thndroad View Post
Same thing here. We went to look and came home with no money and a purchased RV. We don't even have a tow vehicle yet. My husband is also scared to death. He has never towed something this size. Ours is only 28 ft. LOL. Looking forward to summer. Congrats on our impulse buys. I feel ok about it as Keystone owners seem to really love the products. We are first timers as well!!
First, let me say welcome. I too know the excitement of that first RV. I recently purchased mine as well. Secondly, and this is just my opinion, get more truck than you need. You will appreciate it when dealing with crosswinds, tractor trailers and climbing step grades as well as stopping. You will also have the ability to move up to a larger trailer in the future with minimal expense. This is a great opportunity for you, you don't have a tow vehicle yet. Good luck and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
LZScout

The deal is already in the works to purchase the dealers 2012 SWD F-350 Supercrew Lariat with the 6.7 powerstroke diesel. According to specs, it more than covers the towing requirements of the Alpine 3250RL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
geo

You would be better served with a dually. At best, you will most likely need air bags.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote