Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
bevrevak

Leak

I have an 08 Cougar. What are the hose sizes for the flexible hoses on the inside of the camper? Specifically those from the box running through the floor. The city water line had a leak which was sort of repaired (not by me) using a toilet hook-up. It worked for a while but has developed a slow leak. I would like a better fix and have looked at everything the local hardware store has, PEX, Shark bite, flair. What's best and what sizes. I don't want to sacrifice any more hose as there is only about 7 inches showing through the floor. It's connected to the toilet hook up. The clamp securing the two is where the leak is. Tightening the clamp is not helping. Or should I just give up and put a drain in the floor
bevrevak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There isn't any reason to give up and cut a drain in the floor, but if the previous owner repaired it without using standard fittings, it would be hard to tell you what you need to do now to fix it correctly. If you can take some pictures of the spliced repair, maybe we could better make suggestions.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
bevrevak

I'm just kidding about the floor drain. It did not start leaking until a few months after I purchased it. Everything was original until the repairman put the quick fix on it. It was the best he could do at 8:00 pm. He used a 1/2 in inside diameter toilet hook-up , one of those covered with metal mesh. One end is connected with a fitting to the inlet box and the other to the hose on the interior , again with a fitting held with a clamp. I just need to know the size of the hose for a splice and a better way of connecting it to the inlet box. What fittings are the best.
bevrevak is offline   Reply With Quote