Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
CCFROMFL

Rear AC

Can you install a 15k ac unit in the bedroom with a separate thermostat similar to set up in living area. The current rear 13.5 AC is very noisy and has only two controls.
2013 Ford F250
"Our Cause was Just"
CCFROMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
rnkburg

My bedroom was wired for an extra ac. I didnt add a thermostat just use the one that is on the unit. Made all the difference in the world in cooling our unit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
dcsunderland

How was the install of the second unit? I have a 2013 Cougar 330RBK wired for a second AC but not sure how to install it.

Thanks,
Dave
dcsunderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
CPE

Second B R AC unit

I had C W install second bed room ac ($80.00 labor) with a little negotiating. I installed digital thermostat(BR) and relay for second ac unit a main breaker. Leave unit on low fan and thermostat low on second unit. Unit cycles off fan and compressor together NOT as factory unit is wired (fan runs all the time). Mounted digital stat on wall in B R at door frame near bed. Factory thermostat on these units is inside the unit and has larger temp swing; MUCH more comfortable. 5'th wheel was factory prewired for second ac power; I installed 12v relay at power panel and thermostat in Bed Room. Be sure of all electrical code and sizing requirements! Questions?? priv. mess. if you want.
CPE is offline   Reply With Quote