Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
PeteK

Black Awning Fabric

I know a lot of people don't use their awning for one reason or another, and that's ok, different strokes and all. For us though, it's one of those things that tells us that we here to relax. After the essential set up, it's one of the first things we do, deploy the awning.

On the awning on our new rig the bottom of awning fabric is black. Top of it is a brownish. I know why they did that, nobody likes to clean an awning. I kept mine clean (magic erasers). But dang, that black fabric has to make thing hotter....yes?

Anyone have an awning like this?

2021 Keystone Cougar 29RKS - "Beauty"
2019 Ford F-250 - 6.2LTR - 3.73 - "The Beast"
PeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:54 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The "best made plans of mice and men...." (and Keystone interior designers/color co-ordinators)....

They did the same thing with the slide sides about 2016 when they changed them from white to black (to prevent seal marks from being "unsightly") and again around the same time when they changed from polar/colonial white to gray (to keep up with Forest River) and then found they needed to add a second A/C and 50 amp power to all their trailers, then added black A/C shrouds and black trim on the trailers to match the black slide sides....

It's a "never-ending cycle" and once the trailers are all black, some 'genius at Keystone" will suggest in a meeting, "Hey, why don't we change the basic color to white so the trailers are cooler in the summer sun"......

Aesthetics, ain't they wunnerful ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning