Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2020, 11:09 AM   #21
Hugo-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_Tom View Post
Here's a possible solution... move to the desert southwest... 115F plus 6% humidity works miracles on mold... (humor mode off)

2017 F-250 6.2 Gas 3.37 gears
2011 Cougar 27RLSWE trailer

...would love to... only one SMALL problem...distance between here and there is filled with a lot of water...
Old 12-13-2020, 11:10 AM   #22
Hugo-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Air has more capacity to hold water when it is warmer, if it has a source. The relative humidity drops with heated air.

Keystone recommends putting the furnace on...not too hot, but temp inside little higher then on the outside...and i combine the furnace with a dehumidifier...
Old 12-13-2020, 01:16 PM   #23
KeystoneKal

On the three travel trailers I’ve owned there was an access panel right at the base of the shower or tub. This would give access to the drain and any pipes under the tub or shower.
KeystoneKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:43 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondan95705 View Post
The Furnace ON will increase the humidity due to the temp difference between hot and cold..... I would use Clorox Bleach as it WILL kill the mold.. Personally, I would not worry about it... I have been under many homes with all different kinds of mold... No issues..
You might want to take a look at what the "Professionals who remove mold for a living" have to say about using bleach: https://www.servicemaster-restoratio...om/mold-myths/

The first three sentences of the article, (under "Do not use bleach") pretty much explain why.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneKal View Post
On the three travel trailers I’ve owned there was an access panel right at the base of the shower or tub. This would give access to the drain and any pipes under the tub or shower.
The OP's tub has an access panel. It's shown in the photo he posted in post #1 in this thread.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #26
Hugo-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneKal View Post

I know...it's just next to the entrance door, on the tub....the hole though is about 3" in diameter... I can hardly see the drain of the tub...but the mold at the outer wall is at the opposite site of the tub...so access is impossible...
On the pic you can see I took the cover of the access off already, but this is at the left side of the tub...outer wall is at the right side of the tub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom-Keystone.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	31111  
Old 12-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #27
hazmat456

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondan95705 View Post
The Furnace ON will increase the humidity due to the temp difference between hot and cold..... I would use Clorox Bleach as it WILL kill the mold.. Personally, I would not worry about it... I have been under many homes with all different kinds of mold... No issues..
Bleach DOES NOT kill mold, it just makes it mad. Bleach also will not penetrate wood products. The cellulose will absorb the water and the bleach will remain on the surface. It is probably the worst thing to use as it gives a false sense of accomplishment.
hazmat456 is offline   Reply With Quote