Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2020, 07:02 AM   #21
Todd 423

I have a similar issue, but only happens when it is cold. After it looses power can you hear an audile click? That is the breaker reseting. I haven't replaced anything on mine yet, but will replace the breaker first if it continues.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #22
Rob 1204

Mine is a 413 and it’s doing the exact same thing but it does it even if it’s not cold out
Rob 1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:41 AM   #23
PKraus29

Yes, I had the same problem. It took a while to diagnose but with persistence my repair shop figured it out. Turns out per Lippert, that Keystone is the only manufacturer that adds resettable breakers to the leveling jacks. Turns out they wear out every few years. Fortunately they are only a few bucks each. My Raptor had 3 of them on the ceiling right above the jack controls in the battery bay. They look like posts that are direct connect to the battery. They also had in line fuse for each one.
PKraus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #24
Beachside

I have the same issue. After tracing the wire from the solenoid it goes to what I imagine is a 50 amp breaker. There is a second wire same diameter going to the breaker which I do not know where it comes from. My question is: I have three breakers which are tied together. Will it be ok to just change the one to an 80 amp? In the picture, the breaker in question is the far right one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	27145  

2016 RAM 3500 CTD SRW MEGA CAB LIMITED
2017 FUZION 371
ANDERSON ULTIMATE HITCH
Beachside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:45 PM   #25
bobbecky

Yes. The breaker that has a cable going to the hydraulic pump motor is the only one you need to replace with an 80 amp breaker. The second cable coming off the terminal that has the pump cable is the cable that goes to the main electric panel inside. They can do that because you have no load on that breaker from the panel while you are running the level system, and once leveled, your load off the inside panel is the only load on that breaker.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:57 AM   #26
Rob 1204

Where did you purchase the 80 amp breaker?
Rob 1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #27
midmo

Alright...this will hopefully close the loop on the issue I was having with my Level-Up system. Took it to the dealer for an unrelated issue and asked them to scrub the system for me while it was there. I provided a detailed list of all the items I checked and replaced, along with the Lippert Sheet 058 provided earlier in the thread. The dealer looked over the system, he liked the 80A set-up (thank you for making me aware of that) and quickly validated my list. He did say that the list helped to shorten the time he needed to spend on it, which is good. Here's what he did. Cleaned the system grounds (not on the battery) and had to order a replacement control panel. My old panel was not responding to inputs consistently and he had a panel available to confirm his theory. The system now works flawlessly!

Thank you again for all your suggestions and advice! I learned a lot about this system and appreciate all the help!!
midmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #28
midmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 1204 View Post
Where did you purchase the 80 amp breaker?
I got mine from Amazon....search for " BP/CB185-80 "
Old 05-09-2020, 04:39 PM   #29
midmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachside View Post
I have the same issue. After tracing the wire from the solenoid it goes to what I imagine is a 50 amp breaker. There is a second wire same diameter going to the breaker which I do not know where it comes from. My question is: I have three breakers which are tied together. Will it be ok to just change the one to an 80 amp? In the picture, the breaker in question is the far right one.
My bay looks really similar to yours. I kept the three original breakers from Keystone installed, just took the Lippert lead and routed it to the newly installed 80A breaker (I installed mine towards the back wall) so the Lippert lead curls down and back. New battery cable went to the 80A. Old battery cable is now the jumper from the 80A to the 50A I just removed the Lippert lead from. I kept the unknown lead attached to the 50A breaker. Not saying it's the best way...just what I did.

The 80A breaker will probably require different size terminal ends. Mine did (quick trip to NAPA)

Side note: While I was chasing wires around the outside of the coach trying to figure out flow paths, I wrapped same color electrical tape (different patterns) on the two ends of one wire once the path was found. For example: red wire-yellow tape/dual polarity solenoid power to red wire-yellow/80A breaker, this will hopefully help reduce the troubleshooting effort in the future by having the paths pre-identified.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #30
cmazda

Amen on the Bob & Becky breaker solution listed above, I had the same issue, replaced as directed; works like a charm!
cmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #31
ACJCF2

What he said. 2020 Carbon.
Retired Asst. Fire Chief
Keep Calm, Play Tuba
ACJCF2 is offline   Reply With Quote